Michigan-Detroit
Options

The Inn at St John's and living together

Hey ladies,

I'm getting married in the chapel at the Inn at St. John's this spring.  I've heard rumors of the Catholic Church refusing to marry you if you live together prior to the wedding date.  Has anyone who's been married at St. John's recently told them that they live together prior to the wedding/what has your experience been? 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Inn at St John's and living together

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to post this on the Lansing board as there are a few ladies who were at least considering the Inn at St. Johns.

I think it really depends on the particular Priest.  We got married in May and our Priest barely batted an eye when we told him we were living together.  The only difference is that we had to answer like 10 more questions on the FOCCUS.  As long as you are open and honest about it, I don't think too many Priests are going to refuse to marry you unless they are extremely old school.
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Liz said. Depends on the church. My friend's BIL is getting married at that chapel and I *think* he and his fiance live together so that would make me assume it'll be OK. As Liz said, be honest no matter what.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    csgmancsgman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's.  FI and I just finished our pre cana classes, and when it came time to discuss "Co-Habitation", the priest started with, "So I know approximately 60% of you live together, and it is unrealistic for most of you to move apart from each other leading up to the wedding"...and that was pretty much it.  Times have changed and it seems many priests understand that.
    My cousin was married at that chapel last NYE and she lived with her FI, and another friend is getting married there next month and she lives with FI too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards