Michigan-Detroit
Options

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent: Im still fighting with my FMIL to get their addresses for the STDs. Ugh. FI is off next week, so I plan to bring him and my laptop along one night and force her to do this...lol. I just want the dang addresses.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Vent: One on FH's ushers dropped out last night. It was out of the blue. They'd been friends all through college and this guy sent FH a text that said he wanted nothing to do with the wedding at all. He doesn't even want to attend the wedding as a guest. FH says he's ok with it so.. I have to be ok too. 

This particular friend and I didn't mesh all that well, but it was never disrespectful so...what can you do, you know?? I just think it was a sh*t move because I can guarantee he knew he didn't want to be involved way before now- like 5-6 months ago when FH asked him to be involved.

Good news is that FH asked another one of his cousins to take over, and he agreed so...moving on.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm so outdone by my RSVP responses!! Some person had the never to try and pull a fast one by sending in their RSVP back and changing my 1 seat reserved into a # 4. How dare they have the nerve and to top it off they didn't put their name on the RSVP or envelope. I can't believe they thought I wouldn't notice they did that. I really want to not invite this person all together for doing this and can't wait to find out who it is. SMH

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sick of working.  60 hours a week is burning me out fast.  Also, 2 of my favorite co-workers quit recently which makes it harder to enjoy my job.  I'm sick of the fear of being 100%commission. My plans for 4th of July weekend (and day)? Working. Every day. No time off. No extra pay (again all commission), and to make it worse, it will be slow because people are busy enjoying their time off. I want a different job, but I feel like I haven't been here long enough to justify that on my resume. 

I'm frustrated for FI's job too.  He works for a landscaping company and has also been putting in 60 hour weeks the last few months, and then all of the sudden business slowed down.  He didn't have to go in Monday or today.  To make it worse, his boss texted him at 7 daying not to come in, after he was already awake.  Just kind of nervous about the income situation there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My job is stressing me out. I have always loved my job but lately there have been some major changes with people leaving and new people coming. We got two new younger girls (think early 20s) that act like we are back in high-school. One doesn't like the other one and is shitty to her all day. The other one thinks this is like social hour and has her boyfriend stopping in almost everyday and gets a million personal calls. They keep getting people to side with them and make it such a crazy work environment. I have never felt this way about my job before but by like 10am I am always already frustrated with all the drama.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e1abc23-2c02-4f19-ab6f-6fa50047e770Post:6bc0b322-656d-4ccd-9939-826044b00df7">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so outdone by my RSVP responses!! Some person had the never to try and pull a fast one by sending in their RSVP back and <strong>changing my 1 seat reserved into a # 4</strong>. How dare they have the nerve and to top it off they didn't put their name on the RSVP or envelope. I can't believe they thought I wouldn't notice they did that. I really want to not invite this person all together for doing this and can't wait to find out who it is. SMH
    Posted by tcage001[/QUOTE]
    Haha ok I know it's frustrating but that's just funny.

I just need to vent about this mortgage process.  Seriously they want everything but our first born and a kidney.  They were asking us to provide copies of EACH check that we got for the wedding because they added up to a "large" deposit.  I flat out told the woman that this was not possible and we needed ot find another option.  <em>She seriously wanted me to contact each of my guests and ask for a copy of the check! </em> It seriously is just obnoxious.  UGH!
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e1abc23-2c02-4f19-ab6f-6fa50047e770Post:22ae58fc-120e-446c-9632-3b689915c085">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents :  I just need to vent about this mortgage process.  Seriously they want everything but our first born and a kidney.  They were asking us to provide copies of EACH check that we got for the wedding because they added up to a "large" deposit.  I flat out told the woman that this was not possible and we needed ot find another option.  She seriously wanted me to contact each of my guests and ask for a copy of the check!   It seriously is just obnoxious.  UGH!
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Does your bank do copies?  With mine and online banking I can see a copy of every check I ever deposited or wrote. 

I'm very frustrated with a new program we have at work to analyze data.  We paid $25,000 for this program and it has a lot of flaws.  I don't get how a program costing that much and in it's 8th edition can be so problematic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have zero motivation at work today.
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e1abc23-2c02-4f19-ab6f-6fa50047e770Post:bdcaacb0-749f-4665-aaec-15433d118430">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have zero motivation at work today.
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

this... I am part of a rotational program at work, and I am "graduating/rolling out" of the rotational program in August.  I find out what my new role will be next Friday and I've got a serious case of senioritis/ "I just want to be on my honeymoon!"
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e1abc23-2c02-4f19-ab6f-6fa50047e770Post:b2e7cdb0-3f51-4cf3-925b-5c240ab871f4">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : <strong>Does your bank do copies?</strong>  With mine and online banking I can see a copy of every check I ever deposited or wrote.  I'm very frustrated with a new program we have at work to analyze data.  We paid $25,000 for this program and it has a lot of flaws.  I don't get how a program costing that much and in it's 8th edition can be so problematic.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
    Only for checks that I have written - not deposited.  It's just one thing in a milliion that I'm irritated about with this whole mortgage process.  We are paying cash for our next house, I'm never doing this again!  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I drove up to the UP all by myself! It was so scary driving across the bridge ITS HUGE!...I'm visiting my Fiance while he is working up here =)

I have 2 vents tho...

This guy he is working with up here is a total ass...he is one of those guys who pressures other guys to drink and do stupid stuff and my fiance....doesn't do well with pressure. He tried getting my fiance drunk last night which was my first night up there and was calling him a pussy when he started drinking water ugh I just hate dumb guys like that

My 2nd vent is my Aunt is being a douche as well...she deleted me off facebook because I wouldn't come to her birthday party and then adds me back but I didn't add her back because I don't need somebody on my friends list who is just going to delete me and now she is upset and says I hate her and saying I'm the reason she has soical anxiety...WHATEVER
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ellieg31773ellieg31773 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I found a venue we loved and the sales rep we were working with was wonderful.  Well she left and I just went back with my mom and sister to see it again and talk more details and it was such an aweful experience.  The new rep couldn't have care less about selling us on the venue or working with us and it was miserable.  As a result we are continuing our search, even though we loved that first place, we don't want to deal with working someone who isn't willing or interested in working with us.  So pretty bummed. 
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grant writing sucks!  I'm also currently trying to get write a paper and publish it in Science... this seems more complicated due to my collaborators than I thought it would be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards