Michigan-Detroit
Options

***Liz***

So after my 3rd interview wednesday they said they would call by the end of the week either way. It was between me and one other person.  End of the week came  and went never heard.  I called today and no one returned my call.  Do you think they hired the other person or they are still deciding?  I know you don't know but what do you think?

Re: ***Liz***

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Umm it's hard to say since it really could be either.  It could be that they were still deciding and didn't want to call you back until they had a decision.  It could be that HR is taking forever to finalize the decision/get the offer letter ready (as has been the case in our office.)  The person who does the hiring (or the final decision) could be out of the office sick, I mean there are any number of possibilities.

It sucks and I know it doesn't make the waiting period any easier but I wouldn' start to worry.  If you don't hear by Wednesday, I would call and follow up.

I'm still sending out some knottie vibes for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!! Your ticker is into the 2 months! are you so excited?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very excited!  And nervous about everything coming together.  And anxious for the honeymoon!  Lots of emotions going on!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey,
    They called today.  The ended up giving the job to the other finalist. It turns out that she had worked in that office before. He said the only difference between her and I was that they didn't have to trian her.  However, they were very complimentary toward me and said that they think they will have something available in a few weeks.  They asked if they could keep my resume and call me before posting the next posistion.  Of course I said yes.

Oh well, it will all work out the way it should.
    Susan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I'm sorry, that's such a bummer. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards