Michigan-Detroit

Where do you...

Keep all of your addresses for your guest list?I have no idea how to go about keeping this organized.Computer or paper?

Re: Where do you...

• jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have them all in an excel spreadsheet. Works great for merging the data into label or envelope formats.
  • mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kept a spreadsheet that I'd update almost daily (once rsvps started coming in) & I had a printed one handy too.
  • edited December 2011
    Computer. We took it a step further and use google documents for everything so if our computers crashed or something we could access it from the internet.

I HIGHLY recommend this method. It is in an Excel type document and every row has a column for last name, first name, guests or no guests, total invite count, RSVP, mailing address, and email address. These items I would consider vital to the document. We also have columns for my family/friends or his, rehearsal dinner invites, and if they have a position in the wedding. This makes it incredibly easy to keep track of RSVPs and number of guests, etc. GL!!
  • edited December 2011
    Want to share your template or a quick how-to? I'm excel illiterate.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I will have to have FI do this,he loves spreadsheets.If it was up to him we would have a spreadsheet for wholoe our life lol
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have an excel spreadsheet for my family and FI's. I wont be using it to mail merge though.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    Excel spreadsheet. Its pretty basic - colums for the info and sums up the #s at the end.

Sinned & others - I can send a template when I get home from work. PM me your email address and I'll send it this evening.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_where-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3125989e-3c70-42ac-bc20-3e9993da7c83Post:0c4c865a-7256-4daf-b9a2-4669cedcc87f">Re: Where do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Computer. We took it a step further and use google documents for everything so if our computers crashed or something we could access it from the internet. I HIGHLY recommend this method. It is in an Excel type document and every row has a column for last name, first name, guests or no guests, total invite count, RSVP, mailing address, and email address. These items I would consider vital to the document. We also have columns for my family/friends or his, rehearsal dinner invites, and if they have a position in the wedding. This makes it incredibly easy to keep track of RSVPs and number of guests, etc. GL!!
    Posted by k-nem[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I second Google Documents!! It's nice because it is saved online but also because both FI and I and our parents can access it and make changes if necessary! 

</div>
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

My mom is a bit crazy with the Excel sheet.  The one we are using has 8 tabs -- 4 for our side and 4 for FI's side.  Each of our side has one tab for our mom's side of the family, one tab for our dad's side of the family, one for our parent's friends, and one for our friends.  The list has a column for names on the outside envelope, inside envelope, address, number invited (adults/kids), etc.  Then, when the RSVPs come in, my mom set it up so that she can enter how many people RSVPed yes/no and all that info merges onto the front page so you can visually see how many people are yes, how many are no, and how many have yet to respond.

This is the same excel sheet that we used for my sister's wedding so its on its second run here.

I can share if needed.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to agree with most everybody else....excel spreadsheet. if you happen to have contacts in outlook or something, you can export it all to an excel file too.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yep. Anyone who wants to see mine is welcome. PM me your email and I'll show you.
  • edited December 2011
    Everything on Excel. I had it set up to do the calculation as I was getting my RSVP's back
  • edited December 2011
    wow you guys are organized!Thanks for the info,I am going to tell FI to make one up,he needs something to do.lol And then I'll letcha knmow if we need some more tips.Thanks for being so helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards