Michigan-Detroit

Unique Southeastern MI Venues

Hey guys, just got engaged last week (YAY) and we are not getting married until fall 2014, however I'm trying to get a jump start on planning because I'm in nursing school and once that starts up in the fall, I can forget about planning until next summer.  I started to look for venues that are unique and found the Planterra Conservatory in Bloomfield which is amazing and has what I want, but I think might be a little out of my price range.  Im from macomb county area and I'm having a hard time finding unique venues that are not just a banquet hall. Any ideas?
- We would prefer somewhere that would do ceremony and receptions

Thanks!

Re: Unique Southeastern MI Venues

• Look into the museums and the zoo.  Also look at shriners events in bloomfield
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Welcome and congrats on your engagement.

It would help to know some more info:

- anticipated guest list size (some venues have max or minimums)
    - price range you are looking into

At the top of this board there is a "vendor tab" with a pushpin. All the brides over recent years have put their reception venues, costs, and ratings there.

There is a "glass house" at Metro Beach that can be rented. One bride from a couple of years ago used it and was happy. They do have a preferred catering vendor, but I believe she was able to bring her own in.

Designated caterer here: http://www.perfectplatecuisine.com/gallery.html

Old link from the Knot here:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_glass-house-metro-beach
  • Check out the masonic temple! It's absolutely breathtaking and Dorothy, the coordinator, is amazing. Check out their website: http://themasonic.com/event-planning/social-events/weddings/

We are only having our ceremony there, but have seen gorgeous pictures of receptions. We had already signed a contract for our reception but would have loved to have it at the Masonic!  I don't have any info on prices or anything for receptions, but can give you info on the ceremony. The ceremony is held in the chapel and the receptions are in the crystal ballroom (scroll down that website to see more pics).
    Good luck!!!
  • Grosse Pointe War Memorial
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Henry Ford Museum Plaza! Just had mine there 4 weeks ago and we have gotten so many compliments and comments about unique and beautiful it was. They can host weddings on several budgets and you can have your ceremony in several different places on the grounds. They have other venues on the premises if the museum plaza isn't the right size but stay away from Lovett Hall if you want unique, it is just a ball room.

If you have it in the museum plaza, the entire museum is open to your guests, you can staff exhibits (best decision we made!) and the dance floor in under the DC-3 you see in the photo below. The food was great and having a museum coordinator was very helpful, very little for me to do on the day of. We had a large budget but I have seen beautiful weddings done there for less.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards