Michigan-Detroit

Help...Flower Budget

Hey all,

Just wondering what you spent on your flowers?  I am in the process of searching for a florist and I am curious what your budgets were for flowers.  Also, give me your recs.

Thanks,
Katie

Re: Help...Flower Budget

• edited December 2011
    I might not be a good source for flower recs. My flowers were under $300 . I DIY, and ordered mine from Costco. I used Calla Lilly.

6 Bouquets
    6 Bouts
    9 Centerpieces

Silk Thumb in Wyandotte came highly recommended but I found a way to save money.
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers are tough (at least they were for me) because there are so many factors that go into the cost like the quantity of flowers, they type, whether they are seasonal (and in season at the time of your event), size of bouquet, other additives to the bouquet, centerpieces, altar/church/ceremony decor, etc.

I haven't booked yet but I will probably be booking with Liz from The Parsonage. If you want details on what I discussed with her and how much it's costing me, email me at sunkissed212 at yahoo dot com and I'd be happy to share. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The flower budget will vary from person to person based on season and types of flowers used so its really hard to make a side by side comparison.

We are DIYing and it will be about $400 (including supplies like floral tape and delivery) for 5 bouquets, 2 corsages, 11 boutiners and 16 centerpieces. We'll be using a mix of roses, hypericum berry, bells of ireland, poms, carnations and either ranunculus or lisianthus depending on availability.

HTH!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Michelle Nonis. She works out of her home in Warren, MI. My flowers should be around $1,000. That's for 6 bouquets, 1 pomander, 5 coursages, 16 boutineers, 16 simple low CPs, flowers for head table, and flowers for cake.
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Aprill Irelynn. She works out of her home in Trenton, MI. My flowers should be around $500. That's for 5 bouquets, 3 coursages, 8 bouts, 10 simple low CPs, and flowers for cake. My flowers are mini-gerberas, roses and hydrangeas.
  • edited December 2011
    We are also using April. I'm just under $700 for 4 bouquets, 7 bouts, 3 corsages and 14 centerpieces. We are using hydrangeas, dahlias, ranunculus and various mums.
  • *LBR**LBR* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are also using April. We are using mostly hydrangeas, roses, and hypericum berries. We have 5 bouquets, 5 bouts, several corsages and bouts for family, 7 low centerpieces, and 6 tall centerpieces. We may also get a few flowers for the cake. It's right around $940. This includes delivery to 2 locations

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be doing what Lisa did, using Costco. I'm a DIY-er, so am planning on ordering bouquets, bouts & corsages via their packages, then getting some extra bulk flowers from them. I'm going to pick up some stunning filler materials and really inexpensive vases from Dealer's Discount Flowers on 10 Mile east of Van Dyke, and having the caterer or someone else assemble them.

At least that's the plan for now.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards