New York-Hudson Valley
Options

New to Board, with lots of questions: Catholic/Jewish Wedding; average pricing; vegan cake?

Hello!

I'm Diane and my fiance is Tom and we're getting married next December!

I am kind of panicking because I've/we've got so many "demands."

First, we want to be married in a Catholic Church with a Rabbi co-officiating.  Of course, my family is Conservative/Orthodox, so none of the arabbis we know will do it or even refer us, and Tom (the Catholic) isn't from the area so he doesn't know any priests in NY at all. Any help you can give us would be wonderfully appreciated!

Second, We're poor, with big families. Not poor, per se, but it's seeming like the minimum per-person pricing (even for a buffet) is about $100!  And we're going to be inviting 300 people.  I don't even know what our budget is (my parents are being wonderful and taking care of everything) but they're still paying for Sandy repairs and I don't want to ask *that* much from them. Has anyone found really great deals?

Also, we need to get married in December, because I'm in grad school and only have the Christmas break free.

And I'm vegan, so any tips on the best vegan wedding cakes would be lovely!

Thanks so much, 

Diane

Re: New to Board, with lots of questions: Catholic/Jewish Wedding; average pricing; vegan cake?

• Options
    Actually, I am conservative and my husband is catholic and we got married in a church with both rabbi and priest.  we had our reception at the Mansion at Colonial Terrace with over 400 people and their pricing was VERY reasonable.  Well worth the call.  We dealt with Leon.  I am sure he could give you the information on the church and rabbis too.
  • Options
    What area are you looking to be married in? Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess/Orange/Rockland?

I can definitely help out if I know where to start!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards