August 2013 Weddings

First One Here/

I don't see anyone one on here, so I guess Im the first! Well, Im Danielle and my fiance Mike and I have decided on a three year engagement. Umm, I said that right, a 39 month engagement.

Our resaoning? We had along conversation about it, and we agreed on a few facts. We want to buy a house first, and we also want time to save for the wedding (we dont want to go into debt.)

So here I am, with lots of time to plan, and a chance to really put the thought into this wedding that many cant, simply because I have more time then most. The first thing I want to tackle? Music. And maybe a theme, but I have a feeling that will take me a while.

Re: First One Here/

• Hello! I guess this will make me the second one here! How exciting!

What is your date? What kind of theme are you going to have? I didn't even realize I had to have a theme! Good thing we have plenty of time to plan lol!

We are having a long engagement as well because we are pretty young, so we need to save up some money! My parents will probably pay for the wedding, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations to both you!!!  I too will have a 3 year engagement.  My fiance and I are still in college, and can't really afford to be married at the moment. 

I already have a lot of ideas, but I'm afraid to put them into action because I might change my mind, but I also feel like if I don't act on some of the things I want they won't be available in the futureFrown

Do you guys feel that way too?
  • Hi MJA! Congrats on your engagement!

I understand the frustrations of having ideas but not being able to put them into action. For us, we are putting pictures of everything we want/like in a scraptbook, and using that as a guide when we start. It is important to me to not buy anything too early, as I have the same fears.

At the same time, I have to start putting my deposits down in about 7 months, so thats another motivation for saving!
  • Hello Ladies,
    Well, I changed my date. Good luck to all of you, I hope everything goes beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards