Michigan-Detroit
Options

Cake

Hello! I was looking for help finding a resonably priced place for wedding cakes.  Maybe even some that do it from home? I'm getting married in Troy, MI :) Any ideas would be awesome, thank you!

Re: Cake

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    You might want to clarify "reasonably priced". I got my cake from Holiday Market, it was about $100 and fed 100 people. We had 73 show up, and had about 2/3 of the larger bottom layer left.  It was pretty basic, not fancy, buttercream frosting.

It was absolutely DELICIOUS. We had yellow cake with passion fruit mousse in the middle. Our DOC, who doesn't even like cake raved about it. All the guests did.

• Options
    Thanks that sounds great!! I've been to a couple places that were about $3 a slice.. so hopefully less than that. I'll have to check out your place! :)
  • Options
    I second Holiday Market...their cakes are amazing! I had a friend do the cupcakes for her wedding and they were a hit...try the strawberry one...so good!
  • Options
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Klocs-Cake-Kitchen/197498990269376

She did cakes for many of our friends weddings, birthday's, etc. She does amazing work.  The cake tastes as good as it looks.  She is super reasonably priced. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just ordered my cake with Holiday Market.  $144 for 73 slices.  It's 2 tier with white petals and ribbons.  I love it!!!  We went back to Holiday because our cake for the civil ceremony was so good.
  • Options
    I am not sure where you are getting married but you should be careful about thinking of using someone that does it from their home and not a bakery. Unfortunately, most vendors and caterers will not allow that because of health concerns.

I was actually really disappointed in Holiday Market, when we went to do our tasting, the associate grabbed two slices of four day old leftover cake from the clearance section for us to try. They were very dried out. On top of that, one was an orange chocolate flavor (yuck). I know they have great stuff but after that unprofessional tasting, I was not impressed.

We used a small tradtional two tiered cake and 10 dif flavored torts from elite sweets in farmington hills, they were pretty reasonably priced and delicious. most metro detroit cake places will deliver to troy. goodluck!
  • Options
    I'm using Gwen's Cakes based in Saline, MI for mine.  She runs the business from her home, but rents a kitchen to bake and decorate the cakes.  Her prices seemed more reasonable than other bakeries in the area (perhaps because she doesn't have the cost of renting a store-front.) It's $2.50/slice for cake with frosting or $2.75/slice if you want filling in it.  She doesn't include the top-tier in her slices count (so it's basically a free top-tier) and gives you a free small cake on your 1 year annivesary too. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your help!! I'll be checking those out :) 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your help!! I'll be checking those out :) 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_cake-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4f3b5bf0-aad4-4aef-8d8c-f3b66fef3cdfPost:afa50f93-f0d7-4b8c-a2ad-657905f2360e">Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I was looking for help finding a resonably priced place for wedding cakes.  Maybe even some that do it from home? I'm getting married in Troy, MI :) Any ideas would be awesome, thank you!
    Posted by lisamt05[/QUOTE]
    i went with cakes by olivia.  great tasting.  6 tier fondant cake with piping and extra sheet cake for 960$
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards