Michigan-Detroit

Wedding Shower

Hello Ladies,

Just wondering if anybody had any fun ideas/places for a wedding shower? My maid of honor is taking over the shower and I dont want her to spend much, so I was looking for a fun place or a banquet hall (little on the cheaper side) that she doesnt have to spend very much. Im looking in metro detroit (macomb county or oakland county)

Anything helps!

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Shower

• I live in Macomb County and love Roger's Roost on Schoenher north of 14 Mile Rd. Have been there for large gatherings, but have not used the separate room they have available. Food is great, large portions, and reasonable pricing.

Also, Eastside Mario's in Livonia on Plymouth Rd is where we had our rehearsal dinner. They also have a separate room that seats a lot of people. My MIL and I were able to select 5 things off their main menu, and they prepared a separate menu for the guests to order from, included a personal pizza. Their prices, like Roger's Roost, are not really high and the food is plentiful and delicious.

During our search we looked into Bahama Breeze and Buca di Beppo........both jacked up the prices for a large party and were not reasonable at all.
  • How many folks are you having?  I am doing about 25 people and having it at Peabody's in Birmingham. They have a little separate library area upstairs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wedding-shower-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:57879330-832e-4a6e-9aa0-3689ebf2deb9Post:76ed56cd-f77b-4168-b3e8-3eb274ceb3c6">Re: Wedding Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in Macomb County and love<strong> Roger's Roost on Schoenher north of 14 Mile Rd</strong>. Have been there for large gatherings, but have not used the separate room they have available. Food is great, large portions, and reasonable pricing. Also, Eastside Mario's in Livonia on Plymouth Rd is where we had our rehearsal dinner. They also have a separate room that seats a lot of people. My MIL and I were able to select 5 things off their main menu, and they prepared a separate menu for the guests to order from, included a personal pizza. Their prices, like Roger's Roost, are not really high and the food is plentiful and delicious. During our search we looked into Bahama Breeze and Buca di Beppo........both jacked up the prices for a large party and were not reasonable at all.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

Been there for a few thing and I agree with Sue!
  • There is a little place that I had my graduation party at in Troy. My parents paid $75 for hall rental at the time. It's on the corner of rochester and hartland. There is a buscemis party store next to it. 
  • We used The Gazebo for my shower and the food and service was great, plus I think the prices were very reasonable and they have rooms for all sizes.
  • I've been to a couple events, including showers, at the Italian American Cultural Center on like 19 and Romeo Plank (just south of Partridge Creek). The room is nice and I think pricing is OK.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you everyone for some great places.

Ill be taking a look at all the response and running some numbers.

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards