Michigan-Detroit

sam's club cake--delicious or not?

has anyone ever had cake from sam's club?  to save money we were going to get an elaborate cake made from a baker, and then have a sheet cake in the back from sam's club to serve to the remaining guests (the elaborate cake only feeds 100 people).  i don't think anyone will know the difference...

Re: sam's club cake--delicious or not?

• edited December 2011
    Sam's club cake is, in fact, delicious.  We used it for my brother's graduation party, and people raved about it.

I have also heard good things about Costco's cake, although I've never had it.
  • golemhmgolemhm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never had Sam's Club cake, but I'm sure it's delicious.  I can say, though, that Costco cake is my all time favorite cake ever with cheesecake filling.  Yummy!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam's club cake IMO is pretty good and no, I don't think anyone would really notice unless the cakes are completely different from each other.
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about Sam's Club, but my coworkers ordered one from Costco for my office shower, and it was riDICugood.  I was amazed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • karenbride21karenbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  We shall go with the Sam's Club cake then :)  I will check out the costco cakes, too.  Thanks again, girls!
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I've done sheet cakes from both Costco and Sam's for the Daughters of American Revolution chapter that I belong to for our birthday celebration.  They no longer do the cheezecake like filling but they are delicious!
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

No one asked - but I love Costco's muffins!

• edited December 2011
    I haven't had Sam's Club cakes but Costco has never seemed to fail me! I doubt anyone will notice.. and if they do, so what? You're giving them cake! [:
  • edited December 2011
    i lovvveeee sams cake :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably going to get a Kroger cake, and I'm pretty sure they're both similar. Yummy frosting!
    Anniversary
  • bitsi420bitsi420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam's club for sure (although I've never tried costco"s) but the whipped cream frosting is the best!!! And I am not much of a frosting person. The whipped cream frosting tastes like some sweeetened thickened cool whip. mmmmm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards