Michigan-Detroit
Options

Looking for Salons with Larger Sample Dresses

Hi guys!

As a street size 12, I'm really hoping I can find a couple bridal salons that carry dresses I can actually try on. I've been through the experience of trying to fit into a size 6 or 8 sample dress, and I have to admit, somewhat humiliating and not at all what I thought wedding dress shopping would be like!  Cry Maybe a particular dress would look really great on me, but I can't tell because I can't try on the samples they have in the store. Yes, currently in the exercise/diet stage to address the issue, but need to order my dress sooner rather than later, so can't delay until I get into the right size range.  Getting really discouraged...please help!!!  

Re: Looking for Salons with Larger Sample Dresses

• Options
    Bombshell Bridal in SCS. Their sample sizes are 16-38. 

I'm so sorry for your bad experience! I hope that that turns around!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I second bombshell!! they are really nice and make the expiernce wonderful!  Im getting my dress from them and I cannot say more about how great they are! the owner really knows what its like for us curvy girls to go dress shopping and not be able to try them on, its definily a judgement free zone!
  • Options
    I third Bombshell!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I am a street size 14 and apparently wedding dresses run a size or 2 smaller.  I had the best luck at Bella Donna's in Wyandotte.  They have a really nice selection and very friendly and helpful staff.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone Laughing  I've scheduled an appointment at Bombshell...looking forward to it!
  • Options
    I fourth Bombshell.

Though to add some variety, if you are willing to take a drive, I also had a positive experience at Alfred Angelo and they also have larger sample sizes.

But really, Bombshell is awesome, and it would be supporting a local business...
  • Options
    When I was at Bombshell, she told me that she just picked up the Alfred Angelo Disney Princess line too!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards