New York-Hudson Valley

Orange County NY Arboretum at Thomas Bull Memorial Park

Ok... I've been engaged nearly two years now and through a combination of finacial woes and what not we've yet to start officially working on the wedding (ie I haven't booked one damn f@(*#$ thing yet). We are scaling back from the hotel wedding we'd hoped for and I'm thinking of using the Thomas Bull Memorial Park Arboretum/ tent grounds. I was wondering has any one done this and was it a good idea or am I nuts?

Re: Orange County NY Arboretum at Thomas Bull Memorial Park

• tfunicellotfunicello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there & it was great. Definitely not nuts, nothing wrong with a relaxed, intimate setting :-)
    I'd say go for it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't know what or where this was! I looked it up, and it is beautiful!!! Go for it girl!!!!! Hello... your pics will be so gorgeous! I really like your idea. You will have to let us know if you book with them! When were you thinking for a date?
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    The place is beautiful!
    I was thinkng of doing my wedding there as well but decided to go a different route. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • MythpenMythpen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently had foot surgery and while i'm doing great and all our bank accounts are zero... so I have no idea when we'll be able to do anything as far as a wedding goes. I will post what we wind up doing though, I think it will be this park assuming getting a decent porta-trailer is possible. no icky stalls! lol Thanks guys
  • edited December 2011
    i live around the corner from the Park, its beautiful!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards