Michigan-Detroit
Options

AW Thursday

What do you ladies have to AW about this week?

(Sorry Liz.. I'm impatient..)

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    I'm impatient because I'm headed to the Secretary of State to get a new driver's license. Woo!! My new social security card came in the mail yesterday and I was super thankful because if I didn't receive it by today I would have to wait until February to go to the SoS. 
  • Options
    Not a problem at all.  I don't always have to be the one to start the daily thread :)  Especially when I stay up til 2 reading and then don't wake up unitl 10.  Oops!

Good luck at the SOS today Milsey!

I want to AW my new bathroom!  I no longer have a giant monkey painted on my wall :)  Although the trim isn't done yet so I don't have any photos but I'm just excited that it's gone!
  • Options
    Yay to no more monkeys and a new drivers license! My AW is I just made the best brunch :) quiche, arugula salad, and mimosas :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-117?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:6572b559-277b-40ce-b23e-ae5624aba5b7Post:f5c74e84-74b7-49f9-8bcd-da34f8773f6a">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay to no more monkeys and a new drivers license! My AW is I just made the best brunch :) <strong>quiche, arugula salad, and mimosas :)</strong>
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

<div>These are all fun to say!</div><div>
    </div><div>And yay for no monkey while doing your business, hehe</div>
  • Options
    haha NWR AW:

I won my fantasy football championship! It's my first year ever doing FF and now I am mad that I wasn't in a league for $. Next year for sure.

That's all I can come up with. It's been a lame week.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    AW... we BOOKED our HONEYMOON!! Going to P unta Cana and staying at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro!!   (I have to put a space between "p" and "unta" because TK views it as a bas word.. LOL)

I have the invitations designed- jsut waiting to be printed. I designed them all... myself... and I am SO happy with the way they turned out. I have the invite, the RSVP card, the Reception card, and a map/direction on the back of that. I cannot wait for them all the be printed.  I am going to incorporate the design into the table numbers and menus (which now I have to redo.... but its ok). Now that things are coming together I am SO EXCITED.

Also, Milsey, I have to thank you..... I have been struggling over the easles that I got for my menus and table numbers- all of which I ordered from etsy. Once I saw your double sided picture frame, i thought... why didnt i think of that! SO I am going to use that like you did. Fuschia background.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm going to AW my vent from yesterday (which I never quite got around to posting) - in that BIL was a huge tool over Christmas and I kept it classy, which I am feeling proud about.

We spent Christmas Eve at DH's parents house (they host every year).  Then we spent Christmas Day with my family.  DH's family traditionally also gets together at 7 or 8 in the morning on Christmas morning to open immediate-family presents, but he and I agreed that that wasn't happening - we were spending some quiet time together for OUR Christmas, and then going to my family's.  For the sake of cutting down drama, we just told them that we were going to be with my family all day long.

Starting at Thanksgiving, BIL made several comments about our not being there on Christmas morning.  Not obnoxious, but just "Oh, you're not gonna be there?  Why not? We were looking forward to seeing you; I wanted to see you open my present ...etc.)  Once seemed reasonable, but by Christmas he had publicly made three or four comments of this type.  Mind you, the reason we wouldn't be seeing him over X-mas was because he and his FI were spending Xmas Eve at HER parents.  It was made clear that Xmas Day was MY family's time.  He could see us on Xmas Eve, or we could get together separately after the holidays, or we could mail our presents to each other, but he kept making comments specifically about Xmas morning.

On Xmas Eve, DH's dad pulled DH aside and said something to the effect of "I know that you're supposed to be with Melissa's family, but if there's any way you could possibly be with us in the morning, even just for an hour, we'd really appreciate it.  It really seems to be really important to BIL for some reason that you're there.  He's been bugging us about it."  Between us, DH and I decided that one of two things must be happening: either FSIL is pregnant and they intend to announce it on Xmas morning, or he got us some huge extravagant present that he can't really afford and wants to make sure that he's present when we open it to get our fawning thanks.  (This would be fairly typical behavior.)  We finally decided to give up our own private Xmas morning, and go to his parents.  Neither of us were particularly happy about it, but at this point now his parents are upset about BIL's drama, so we just gave in.

On Xmas morning, BIL texts us twice in three minutes as we're pulling into the subdivision, TWO minutes late.  We're side-eying each other like "Yep, she's definitely preggo."  End result?  We get there and FSIL isn't even there.  She's at her parents.  NOTHING happened.  BIL gave us each a card and a gift card - generous, to be sure, but nothing out of the range of what I think siblings SHOULD be spending on each other.  There was no reason for his attitude whatsoever - he just hadn' t liked the idea that now that we're married, HIS Xmas traditions might change a little.

DH and I were SUPER-pissed.  But we smiled, opened presents, and got the hell out of there as quickly as we politely could.  And I'm feeling proud about it.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh Melissa I would be livid.  you are a stronger woman than I am!

My AW for the week is that H and I are leaving for Hawaii today! we are really excited to get out of the rain (though admittedly it has been in the 50's every day this week which has been nice)
  • Options
    Have fun in Hawaii!  I'm extremely jealous :)

And Melissa, I would have been supremely pissed.  SUPREMELY pissed.  You are a classy woman.  Is this the same BIL who didn't ask the guys to be in the wedding?
  • Options
    Melissa - your BIL sounds like a barrel of monkeys - and not the fun ones that used to live in Liz's bathroom. You are right - he was just upset that HIS Christmas tradition would be changed and will remember none of this when next year he proclaims that he and his new wife will be starting their own Christmas traditions. You handled it well, but I would make a point to remind everyone of this the next time you and DH want to deviate from the traditions. You have your own family unit now and things will change, new traditions will be created...maybe some with a reduced quantity of BIL? ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, Liz, same BIL.  Sigh.  I'm so excited about your monkey-free bathroom!  Is it completely done and decorated already, or did you just get the painting done so far and now have more to do?

Larz, how lucky are you to go to Hawaii???  That's one of the things that DH and I have really been excited about about the possibility of moving to Portland - how much less expensive it would be to go to Hawaii.  Or on an Alaskan cruise.  Have a fantastic time - I expect pics!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Rachael that this BIL will not remember any of this when he wants to change up plans to spend it with his new wife and her family.  Either that or his FI is in for a rude awakening when she asks him to change his holiday traditions to accomodate her.  Extremely selfish but unfortunately it just fits the picture I have of him after the whole usher/groomsman debacle. 

The walls are finished but the trim is still yellow.  I'm waiting for DH to be home because he has to make sure the cat stays out while I paint.  I also need to find some sort of artwork to hang in there.

But yeah, the hard part is done.  I am never painting another bathroom again with so many nooks and crannies.
  • Options
    So better late than never I suppose...

1. We mailed out invitations yesterday! It's starting to feel real!

2. We are almost finished painting the main floor of the new house...and our hardwood floors can't go in until we finish painting...UGH. but now i'm feeling overwhelmed at the thought of painting another 1000 sq. feet of house.

3. My grandmother sent us a pretty generous check to help with wedding costs...now we can upgrade the bar (maybe not what she had in mind LOL) but everyone is pretty geeked!

Liz-so glad you got some painting done! I am DREADING painting our bathrooms
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-117?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:6572b559-277b-40ce-b23e-ae5624aba5b7Post:ac009c22-29ce-4360-8552-d46caf81c88d">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW... we BOOKED our HONEYMOON!! Going to P unta Cana and staying at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro!!   (I have to put a space between "p" and "unta" because TK views it as a bas word.. LOL)  I have the invitations designed- jsut waiting to be printed. I designed them all... myself... and I am SO happy with the way they turned out. I have the invite, the RSVP card, the Reception card, and a map/direction on the back of that. I cannot wait for them all the be printed.  I am going to incorporate the design into the table numbers and menus (which now I have to redo.... but its ok). Now that things are coming together I am SO EXCITED. <strong>Also, Milsey, I have to thank you..... I have been struggling over the easles that I got for my menus and table numbers- all of which I ordered from etsy. Once I saw your double sided picture frame, i thought... why didnt i think of that! SO I am going to use that like you did. Fuschia background.</strong>
    Posted by brandym22[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's super convenient - I'm glad it'll help you out!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards