Michigan-Detroit

NWR: Gift Ideas needed!

I have been a nanny for this very sweet family for almost a year now. They have a little boy who is almost 2 and just had a sweet little girl in October. I am having the hardest time trying to think of gifts for the parents because they have sooooooo much money! I would normally buy them something like a night out to dinner and the movies, however they eat at places all around Birmingham and I'm not exactly sure where! So I was going to go the more sentimental route but my brain is blank! I thought maybe a cute personalized ornament and a nice bottle of wine - but is that lame? 

And do I get the little girl something?! What do you get a 2 1/2 month old who already has the cutest little wardrobe?!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: NWR: Gift Ideas needed!

• I think you're on the right track. it's tough when you have to shop for people that have it all, but that also doesn't mean you have to break the bank. A nice bottle of wine is a good idea - especially if that is something they enjoy. Plum Market is my fav place to shop for wine. For the little girl, a personalized ornament with her name on it (something really girly) is a great idea. If you're crafty, you could DIY. But if you're looking to get them a GC to a Bham restaurant, Tallulah or Toast would be my choice.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are a nanny, I'd assume you have access to the kids while the parents are out. What about taking a bunch of cute posed & natural pics of the kids and making either a photobook or small "bragging album" they can take places with them? It might be tight to get this done before the holidays, not sure.

One of those Hand-print garden stones? you can buy the kits at Michael's or Joann's you could do it with their kid's hands while they are at work. We did this for my parents once. (just make sure you clean their hands well when done, LOL)

The places I like in Bham are D*ck O'Dows Irish Pub (can't use "i" or the Knot thinks I'm using a dirty word), or maybe a gift card for the Sunday brunch at the Townend Hotel.  

Do they entertain during the holidays? Maybe a lovely floral arrangement they can put on their table or in their living room..........if you aren't sure of the color, get an all white one. If you have a Costco membership, I know they have some spectacular floral arrangements during the holidays, just get a nice vase for it.

It's hard to get kids anything, let alone kids from a well-to-do family. Maybe think of some type of art project the kids can do (handprint trees, handprint flowers, etc) and get them framed before the holidays and make it a gift to the parents AND the kids? Something for the little girl's room maybe?

When my daughter was born there was a place at the mall that had certificates with the kid's name and the meaning of the name. I think we still have hers.
    Just found these websites:

http://www.namescertificate.com/
    and this one
    http://first-name-meanings.com/

You could purchase these, frame them, then give them to the parents to put in the kid's rooms.

Just some random thoughts.
  • Expanding on Sue's idea, maybe a photo 2012 calendar with pics of the kids?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards