Michigan-Detroit

June 16th 2013 Weddings?

Hi Girls!  I just got engaged and everyone told me I had to go on the knot so here I am!  I'm probably going to need a lot of help, I have no idea where to start with wedding planning!  We've tentatively set a date of 6/16/13...anyone else have that date?  I'm not sure how much I need to do now....

Re: June 16th 2013 Weddings?

• June 16th but this year!

The Detroit girls are great. Feel free to ask any questions..and congrats!
    June 16, 2012
  • edited April 2012
    Congrats and Welcome to the board!

This is definitely the right place to be to help with planning.  My best advice to you is to figure out your budget and size/type of wedding you want to have, then nail down the big things first:  Ceremony and Reception locations and your photographer.  Those are the things that get booked quickly (especially with a summer wedding).  Use the boards on here and the checklist, they are all very helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome! I'm a fellow June 2013 bride and there are a few others here on the Detroit board as well. First thing you should do is definitely determine the budget. Don't go look at venues until you do or you may fall in love with one that is completely out of your price range. Then start looking for your ceremony/reception venue, doesn't make sense to look for anything else until you have those.

Also, if you are wanting to have a June 2013 wedding-I'd start looking and booking your vendors now! A lot of them are already booking up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations and welcome!
  • Congratulations and welcome to the board! 

Tips:
    - Check out the "stickies" at the top of the board (the posts that are "stuck" with Vendor reviews/information). 
    -  Before you ask a generic question, look to see if it has been asked already on the board
    - If you are looking for particular wedding items (though, it may be too early - this is just for future reference) we have our local "selling" day on Wednesdays where posters can post items they're selling, and other can list what they want/are looking for. 
    - Join your wedding month board (found on the lefthand side of the page, near your private messages). Months/weeks before my wedding, it was nice chatting with others who were feeling the same stressors I was. 
    - Feel free to ask questions, vent about troubles, or share the things you've checked off your to-do list!
    - Have fun with planning, don't let yourself get too overwhelmed, and remember: it's just one day. 

Good luck!
  • congrats! I am a June 2013 bride as well...June 22 though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats and Welcome!!  I agree with previous mentioned ideas.  Budget should be the first thing.  We did this before thinking about a date.  Then we kept the date flexible in the month of June (this year though) as we shopped for venues.  Use the Knots checklist, it is a lifesaver!!  Have fun planning!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats and welcome to the Detroit board!

Milsey gave you some great suggestions........also, every board has a "search" field, so if your question is, for example, DIY Flowers, check the Detroit board first, all the prior posts of that topic will come up. I found this out myself and it helps. Everyone here is nice, so if you go on the "topic boards", ie flowers, receptions, etc, and they are not nice, you can always come back here.

Looking forward to hearing all your plans. We "old married ladies" love to see everyone else's weddings and many have stuck around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards