Michigan-Detroit

Planning wedding in MI from SC. Ahhh!!!!

So- weird... My fiance is from Bad Axe, MI and I am from South Haven, MI and we actually met in South Carolina.  There are a million other things we have in common.  Crazy how life can be sometimes! Anyways, I still have some family and most of my friends on the SW side and Stephen has his family and old friends on the SE side.  Smartest idea is to just have the wedding in MI. Plus, it's kinda cool that it is where we are both from and we live down here now. So- we are thinking of getting married in the Bad Axe area... possibly Verona Hills or something... 

Any suggestions? Cake, caterer, flowers, photographer, etc. All help would be appreciated!!! :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Planning wedding in MI from SC. Ahhh!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Hey there-- 
      I'm almost in the same boat! We're both from Michigan (him Alpena  and me from Monroe) and we're planning from Charlotte, NC. Where are you in SC?? I cover most of the state for work.

Check out the sticky notes at the top for some fantastic information on vendors and ideas. :)

Congrats on the engagment!! Tell us more about you and your FI. 

Jen
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Alpena- I used to be in the MIANG and we used to do training in Alpena. Beautiful up there!  MY FI and I are in Rock Hill. I actually work in Charlotte though. I lived in Matthews until I met Steve. :) I need to add more information to my profile on here!!!  How long have you guys been down here?

Congrats to you as well! And thank you very much for the advice. I'll check out the sticky notes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also in the same boat!  I'm originally from Washington Twp., and my fiance is from Armada.  We moved to Chattanooga, TN almost 2 years ago for work.

Our wedding is Sept. 3, 2011, but we're doing pretty good with the planning, with plenty of help from my mom (I don't know how I'd do it without her sometimes).

Here are my vendors so far:

Reception: San Marino Club - Troy
    Photographer: Pure Amour Photography (see my photos for my E-Pics)
    Videographer: 5th and Main Productions (love, love, love them!)
    Cake: Cake Ambition
    DJ: a friend of ours
    Flowers/Table Cloth/Chair Covers: Viviano
    Wedding Dress: Bellissima Bridal - Rochester
    Hair/Make-Up: Sara (www.sarayvette.com)
    Lighting: The Lighting Guy

I'm still looking for BM dresses, and will start when I'm in MI for Thanksgiving, then will officially decide during Christmas.  Also, I'm not sure where we are getting the groomsmen tuxes from since all of the guys don't live in MI (all my BM except for one does).  I need to find invitations, and will probably just order STD online.  I'm sure I'm missing things here and there, but I have 332 days to figure things out, haha.  I'll only be in Michigan for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then not again until July for the Shower. I'm doing the Bachelorette Party that same weekend, to save my vacation days for the honeymoon, Smile

| TTC since July '11 | Me-27, Unicornuate Uterus and Crohn's Diease, DH-27, Perfect | BFP 12/28/11 - M/C 01/05/12 Chemical Pregnancy | IVF#1 Scheduled for October '12 |

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards