Michigan-Detroit

is this ceremony time weird?

So we've finally picked our invitations, but we haven't finalized the wedding time. Would it be strange to have 5:15 be the start time on the invitations? The ceremony will be about half an hour long, and then the guests will have to make their way downstairs and find their seats. I also wouldn't be surprised if we started a little late, although I'm not planning to. I've scheduled the bar to open or hors d ouerves to be served at 6.

I figured that the 15 minute cushion will actually make things more smooth. But is putting "quarter after five" a weird time to start a wedding? And is that afternoon, evening, or neither because everyone knows we don't mean 5am?

Thanks!

Re: is this ceremony time weird?

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's weird, but it's suppose to be good luck to have the wedding when the 2nd hand is moving up - as on the half or 45 minutes into the hour.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • cindaycinday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's weird at all.  I think you're right, it might actually work out well.

Depending on where your wedding will be it most likely won't start late. Every wedding I have been to (including my own) started right on time, because people at the venue hold you to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards