Michigan-Detroit
Options

AW Thursday

What do you have to AW this week?  Bonus points if you have pictures!

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been waiting all week, and I have pictures!

First, I had my second dress fitting Friday!  I liked my dress the first time, but its amazing how much better it looks after she took it in, etc.  Third fitting July 20.  The best picture this time is from the back, so here it is:

Also, we had our (couples) shower on Saturday.  It was in my parents backyard in a tent, and it was awesome!  People were so generous, but more important, it was really fun to have friends and family together.  It gave me a preview, though, of how hard it will be to split my time between people at the wedding.  There just wasn't enough time to spend with everyone, and this was a much smaller party!

My FI and me with my parents:

FSIL, FMIL, my mom, and me

Me (with FI), apparently in shock about receiving Pyrex:

One more gift-opening pic, and then I'll stop, even though I have a billion pics I want to share:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg - I love love love your dress!!! The lace is so pretty!

WR: my dad painted our cake topper to look more like FI and me :)

NWR: we bought a new bedroom set :) Yay for grown-up furniture :)

• Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That dress is GORGEOUS, Meg!

So I have a couple things to AW this week - and with pics!

First, yesterday was officially the year mark! So my ticker is moving!!! We went to our venue (Wellers in Saline) a few days ago to check out what it will look like around the time we will be getting married. It was PERFECT. Here are some pics:

The aisle/garden/pergola where the ceremony will be:

Where dinner will be and where the bar is located:

And finally, the gazebo where we'll be dancing!

Another AW I have this week is my first DIY check! Now that I have less than a year to go, I thought it was time to start tackling all my projects. So here's my first finished product, the ring pillow!

And my last AW, on a NWR note: A full 2 months after graduating nursing school, I finally got the go ahead from the state of michigan to take the boards! The earliest date I could get was July 21, but that's ok, I have plenty of time to study! So by the end of July, I will hopefully, officially be a Registered Nurse!

It's been a good week :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the gym a bunch this week!! I'm pretty excited about that.

And we are slowly getting close to finishing the table numbers...My work computer won't let me load a pic but they are gonna be black card stock with a sign that says "us at age ____" whatever the table number is and then a picture of both of us at that age.  It was fun scanning in all the pictures now my FI has to edit them to make them look a like. 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super Aw! This week I had my e shoot on Sunday followed by my bridal shower and both went great. I have no clue how the e shoot pictures will turn out but FI and I had a ball just being together so I hope that is reflected in the pictures. I feel in love with him even more that day!

After the e Shoot I had to jump in the car and dash to my bridal shower which was great! So many people just filled with love and support of us just made me happy. Everyone was so generous and supportive I was just floating and to top it all off my FI shows up at the end with his son and bring me the biggest beautifulest bouquet of flowers ever! Sunday was a great day!

Here is a picture with me and my cake

Here is a picture of me and most of my BMs One had to leave early(please excuse the one that is not wearing the orange and white she just flew in and the airport lost her luggage)

This is a pic of FI and I and the balloon that his son gave me! I know you cant see my face but it had the biggest smile you would ever want to see lol I love this man!

One last pic of my make up! The lady did an awesome job and this is after about 14 hours of having it on and a nap so I think it was great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have traveled so much for work and to see FI that I got Delta Gold Elite status today!!! I get to skip security waiting lines now!!! WHO-HOOO!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shesheduke - looks like a very nice shower!

I have a lot to AW today!

We finalized our menu today! Our entrees will be herb grilled chicken, penne paste with marinara and/or alfredo sauca, and slow roasted beef with gravy. We will also have a salad bar with 10 toppings, ice cream, and grilled cheese with chips and pickles for our late night snack!

My invitations came in the mail a couple of days ago. The plan was to run them through the printer and then trace...well, they jam in the printer. Debating buying a new one at work tomorrow. But they're gorgeous! (better pictures to come later)

And I found the shoes that I have been lusting over, Vera Wang Luna flats, in my wedding color (navy) and 45% off, so I was able to get them! So excited, pic in my siggy.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sheshe-  congrats on the shower!

Rachael and drew - thanks for the compliments!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards