Michigan-Detroit

KOTW: Lisa89760

This week's KOTW:  Lisa89760

Name/FI's Name?
What's your proposal story and when did it happen?
Favorite detail of the wedding so far?
What's been the most stressful part?
Will you do any DIY projects?  If yes, which ones?
How did you hear about TK message boards?
Do you remember what your first post was about?

Want to be Knottie of the Week?  PM Me!

Re: KOTW: Lisa89760

• lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name? Ok My name is Lisa and his name is Jared
    What's your proposal story and when did it happen? He randomly got tickets to a tigers game on a Tuesday night so we went.  When I got home from work he was kinda dressed up and I was like umm should I get dressed up too and he said no so I wore my tigers shirt and jean capris.  We went to bookies before (like always!) for their pitcher of beer and 4 shot special!  He was really rushing to get to the game on time...which we never are on time! so we get there and we have pretty good seats so that was cool.  After the third inning he is like hey my sister just texted me and she's up at the bar do you see her and I turned around and there was a GIANT sign that said "Marry Me Lisa?" I didn't even know what to do!  I started crying and had my head in my lap and he said that I better stand up and everyone in the whole section was clapping.  When we got closer to the sign, I noticed it was both of our familes that were holding it!
    Favorite detail of the wedding so far? I really like planning parties so probably all the fun decisions about the reception like the food and booze and music!
    What's been the most stressful part? Bringing together two huge families that both do things a little different...things can get really stressful really fast when trying to do that!
    Will you do any DIY projects?  If yes, which ones? Yup, centerpieces & the candy buffet, and my FI is making all the desserts for the dessert table.  And we are bringing our own booze in (which is kinda DIY since we get to pick everything)
    How did you hear about TK message boards? I think i was just searching for venue stuff and happened upon it!
     Do you remember what your first post was about? I honestly don't remember at all!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love the proposal story!
    What has been your biggest wedding-related splurge (if you really don't' have any, what do you wish you could splurge on)?
    Do you have a pic of your dress you could post?  If not, please describe it!
    Coke or Pepsi?
    What are your big pet peeves?
    What do you normally eat for breakfast?
    What are your wedding colors/why did you pick them?
    If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

edited December 2011
    What has been your biggest wedding-related splurge (if you really don't' have any, what do you wish you could splurge on)? So far it's been the photography but I have a feeling we are gonna go a little crazy on the alcohol.  We want to include michigan beers, wines and vodkas so that's gonna cost us a little more but totally worth it.
    Do you have a pic of your dress you could post?  If not, please describe it! Picture below...obviously not on me =)
    Coke or Pepsi? Coke all the way! We just bought a soda stream which you can make your own pop and the coke on there is amazing! 
    What are your big pet peeves? hmm...I hate when people lie to me about stupid little stuff!
    What do you normally eat for breakfast? a bagel thin with an egg white, turkey sausage patty and low fat cheese.
    What are your wedding colors/why did you pick them? black, white w/ purple accents.  I picked them because we love very simple and sleek modern things so black and white fits that...and purple is my favorite color!
    If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I really want to travel around europe!  My grandparents were born in England and FI is polish so it would be awesome just to see the different countries where we are from.
    Photobucket
  • japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your upcoming big day!

Why did you pick your wedding date? Do you like the time of year? Or does the date have special significance?

Have you registered yet? If so, was it a fun experience or stressful?

Do you have any pets? Pictures if you do!!

Have you picked out bridesmaid dress yet?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    Ok I noticed I didnt attach the dress above so that will also be included

Why did you pick your wedding date? Do you like the time of year? Or does the date have special significance? I wanted a fall wedding but my FI is a teacher so summer works the best!

Have you registered yet? If so, was it a fun experience or stressful? Yes we registered and it was fun and stressful.  I want to just get everything on it now!! haha

Do you have any pets? Pictures if you do!! yes! connie is my three year old border collie and charlie is my new kitty.  Pictures below

Have you picked out bridesmaid dress yet? yes that was a big check because I hate all BM's dresses!

That's my baby connie

charlie and connie

Here is my dress:

And just for good mesaure here is the proposal:

Photobucket
  • japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love all your pictures!! Your pets are adorable and your dress is fabulous!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Love the proposal picture!  Also, I love the Michigan beer/wine idea!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the proposal story/picture!  The dress is gorgeous, too! :)

What's your favorite drink?
    Have you chosen a venue?
    Are there any children in your future (or present)?
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls for all the compliments!!

What's your favorite drink? Favorite drink is tough!! I love dirty gin martini's or a good glass of wine (white or red) my fav non alcoholic drink is water...I drink water all the time.  We just got a soda stream so I'm all about carbonated water now
    Have you chosen a venue? Yup St Mary's Cultural Center in Livonia, MI
    Are there any children in your future (or present)? No kids yet, but yes eventually!  Not sure how many yet though!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, maybe you can answer a question for me then!  I hate writing back to venues because I always have more questions later.  I emailed St. Mary's for a price list, then to ask a bar question.  I received this back, "You bring in your own liquor.  We provide a bar service.  The bar
    service is 2.95 per person and includes the bartender, mixes, juices,
    condiments, etc."  How did you go about this?
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    edited December 2011
    At St Mary's you can bring all your own beer, wine, liquor and they provide the mixers and the bartenders for 2.95 a person.  I like this because we get to pick our own bar and it saves a ton of money buying everything ourselves! 

So i'm buying all the liquor from a liquor store that will let me return any unopen bottles....I believe the hall has one that people normally work with as well.  If you have any more questions let me know...my e-mail is lisa89760@gmail.com. 

Hope this helps!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    What is a soda stream?
    Have you decided on your honeymoon?
    What are looking forward to the most once all the planning is done and you are married?
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
    edited December 2011
    What is a soda stream? I'm glad someone asked (I think my FI and I could be spokespeople for this thing) It's a little machine thing that you can carbonate your own water and you then buy syrup and you can make your own pop.  We just built a bar in our basement so we bought it to cut down on bottles and cans and to save money for all the  mixers when we have people over.  I don't really drink pop but I do love soda water.  The best part is the syrups are a lot better for you then actually drinking pop and most of them taste exactly the same as the orginal pop!
    Have you decided on your honeymoon? We are looking into that right now.  Cannon Beach, OR, Jackson Hole, WY, & Portland, ME are some of our top choices.  Something a little different where we can go and relax is what we want...any suggestions are appreciated =)
    What are looking forward to the most once all the planning is done and you are married? Getting back to working on house! =) I'm excited to do our backyard patio and some of the other big projects we are putting off until after. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards