Michigan-Detroit

Need recommendations for dress alterations! Please help!

Hi ladies--

I'm looking to alter my dress purchased from David's Bridal. Specifically, I would like to add a corset back and a simple bustle (as it's a fit and flare it shouldn't be too elaborate).

Can you recommend places? I'm leery of taking it to DB for alterations as I've read too many horror stories and my wedding is on August 3rd so there isn't a ton of time to get a whole new dress if something should happen God forbid.

I've heard about La Valle, The Wedding Shoppe, and Bella Alterations. But can folks who have experience shed some light on the potential differences in pricing?

Thank you!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need recommendations for dress alterations! Please help!

• Not sure where you live, theres a place called scissors and seams in Commerce, my mom has been going to her for years, she has done all my alturations on other garmets and does a great job. Really reasonable.
  • I have had two bridesamaid dresses altered by Bella Alterations in Livonia and had a great first fitting for my wedding dress (though I won't go back into to see it for another few weeks).  The women are really sweet, easy to work with and good at what they do.  They're charging me about $150 to adjust the length shorter a bit, take it in a bit on the sides and add a bustle.  I have only positive experiences with them.
  • Wedding Shoppe is the best - and they offer competitive pricing.  Give them a buzz, they'll work with you and make it beautiful.
  • I used a lady that does it out of her house. If your local, she comes to your house for all the measuring. Which has been awsome!

She turned mine into a corset, hemmed it, bustled it, put cups in and hemmed my 2 flower girls dresses for $145!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Call Habberman's Fabric in Royal Oak.  They have some of the BEST seamstresses and alterations experts in Michigan at reasonable prices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! Can u please tell me what city this woman is in? I would like to see about getting alterations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards