Michigan-Detroit

finding a ceremony spot

my reception is at laurel manor in Livonia and im looking for a spot for the ceremony that is close. i have plenty of time to find one since the wedding isn't until sep 2, 2011 so for now im being a bit picky with what im looking for. it is very important that it is outside and i don't necessarily need a backup indoor spot because there is a chapel at laurel manor that i COULD use if it started to rain. i want to have some sort of gazebo or raised platform like stairs or something so i was thinking about a park. i also dont want to spend money on decorations like flowers so background greenery like trees and bushes are a must. i looked at the longacre house in farmington hills which would be perfect except that they want me to rent the whole place for 5 hours just to use the gazebo for  an hour...not happening! i dont need an officiant and my ceremony is not going to be religious! does anyone know of a good place that loosely fits this criteria?

Re: finding a ceremony spot

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Greenmead in Livonia. We are using the chapel there, not sure what they charge for the use of the park, but it is a city park open to the public.

Check my bio below, our engagement pics were taken there. They have lovely gardens, a gazebo (small, not big enough for ceremony, just for pics). Not sure how or where they'd allow you to set up outdoors, but it's worth a shot. They are very nice. Their link is in my bio as well under "vendors".
  • awroblewskiawroblewski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Northville Mills or Kellog Park in Plymouth
    ~Angela~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards