Michigan-Detroit
Options

Maria's/Bella Bridal

Does anyone have any experiences with either Maria's or Bella Bridal in West Bloomfield? My sister got her dress at Maria's when it was still in Rochester, but now that they've moved, I believe they're under new management? My sister's SIL apparently had a difficult time with them, and I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar (or different!) experience? That being said, I've heard good things about Bella, and wanted to hear more (or different!). We're going to these two places next Saturday to start dress shopping!! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maria's/Bella Bridal

• Options
    Of course I can only speak from personal experience but I got my dress from Bella Bridal and love it!!!.  That being said, I chose to take the dress and get alterations at The Wedding Shoppe and I am so glad I did.  Let's just say that some places are good for selecting the dress while other places are better for making sure it fits perfectly.  But of course The Wedding Shoppe has awesome dresses as well so if you don't find something at Bella's you might want to check them out too.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I went to Bella Bridal and absolutely HATED it.  The sales consultants were really pushy and I didn't care for their selections of gowns as much as other stores.  I didn't like all the pressure I felt when I was there.  I cried in the store because my consultant was pressuring me to make a decision because there was a trunk show.  I went to Alessandra's in Warren and it was the best experience of any store I've been to.  Alessandra herself helped me throughout the entire alterations process. 
  • Options
    I bought two dresses from Maria's and had nothing but wonderful experiences.  They really wanted me to find the perfect gown and even looked up designers at other stores to make sure I wasn't settling.  I highly recommend working with Sinead if possible but everyone was nice.
    Venue: Book Cadillac imageimage
  • Options
    I got my dress at Maria's and I had a great experience! I was having a really hard time picking out a dress and was down to the last minute. I made an appointment to try on their Vera gowns during a trunk show so I was only supposed to be allowed to try on Vera's, no other styles. I explained my situation and that I was not going to leave with out a dress and so they let me try on anything I wanted. I ended up with a Vera Wang any how but it was a great experience. They have a small staff, too, so the same people were there to help me each time I went back and they always remembered me. My dress also needed a lot of alterations and the seamstress did a fantastic job. I had already a size smaller than what I measured but ended up loosing two sizes in my waste and needing a ton taken off the length. The hemming was gorgeous despite the several layers of tulle and silk and the bustle was beautiful.  Over all it was a great experience. 
  • Options
    Just read PP and Alessandra's is great, too! I obviously did not get my dress there but I tried things on there and they were super friendly. Others associated with the wedding got stuff there and my cousin got her wedding dress there.
  • Options
    I bought my dress from Bella, ...The staff at Bella Bridal is the best. My dress was unique and unlike anything I have ever seen in all the other bridal shops I have visited. The fitting process was very easy, and my fitting was amazing. I will always recommend Bella Bridal, very honest and extremely professional.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! Sounds like everyone had different experiences, but I'm glad you all shared - I'll just have to see for myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards