Michigan-Detroit
Options

MMPP/Happy Halloween!

Good morning everyone!  What does everyone have planned for this week?

Also, Alien Bella would like to wish everyone a Happy (or not so happy from her expression) Halloween!

Re: MMPP/Happy Halloween!

• Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go Bella!   (There is something sick and twisted in me that delights in the long-suffering expressions of misery on the faces of pets who've been dressed in silly costumes.)  :)

I'm writing a paper for history today, dropping it off, and then we're going to have a Halloween cooking adventure.  We're making a sort of pasty with pork and the rest of the apples from our trip to the cider mill.  This is our first Halloween in our apartment, so we don't know whether to expect trick-or-treat-ers or not.  So we bought five bags of candy...and we might end up eating them all ourselves.  ;)

Oh - and our photography contract says we'll have our retouched pics in 30 days, and it's definitely been 44 as of today.  We don't want to be those people, so we gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed that meant business days - but we're still at 31 today.  So we're going to have to ask what's going on there.  :(  WANT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna go to Dan's house and pass out candy.  This will hopefully be topped off with us watching the Rocky Horror Picture Shoe if I can find a copy.

This is after a weekend of carving pumpkins and celebrating my neice's Sweet 16 Birthday (which is actually today)!

[IMG]"<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.i159.photobucket.com/albums/t26/PhoneCardLady/?action=view&current=SSPX0028.jpg">http://www.i159.photobucket.com/albums/t26/PhoneCardLady/?action=view&current=SSPX0028.jpg</a>"[/IMG]
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Halloween everyone!

This week I'm working a lot, I have a test today and wednesday in my class, and I need to work hard core on some of my apps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Halloween everyone!

I'm back to reality after the wedding today...working 9am to midnight(ish).  Other than that I work every day this week and I am working on packing for our move a week from today.I really want to finish thank you notes, but I am worried that wont happen before the move.  We also are trying to figure out what we need to do in order to deposit our checks.

Oh, and DH and I also have a gift certificate for dinner for 2 at the Royal Park Hotel that we need to use before we move.  FIrst nice date night as a married couple!

ETA: I love alien Bella, she is super cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonight I'll be passing out candy (seriously one of my favorite nights of the year!) Tomorrow is dinner/drinks with my sister (her bday is today) and I need to pick up my BM dress for FSIL wedding and decide on my hair/make-up. Hope everyone has a creepy and crawly Halloween :)
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpphappy-halloween?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:8ba5f13e-9266-40ef-998d-50553c358b71Post:02ae4332-e937-42bb-a913-e015a20bc0e5">Re: MMPP/Happy Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Go Bella!   (There is something sick and twisted in me that delights in the long-suffering expressions of misery on the faces of pets who've been dressed in silly costumes.)  :)</strong> I'm writing a paper for history today, dropping it off, and then we're going to have a Halloween cooking adventure.  We're making a sort of pasty with pork and the rest of the apples from our trip to the cider mill.  This is our first Halloween in our apartment, so we don't know whether to expect trick-or-treat-ers or not.  So we bought five bags of candy...and we might end up eating them all ourselves.  ;) Oh - and our photography contract says we'll have our retouched pics in 30 days, and it's definitely been 44 as of today.  We don't want to be those people , so we gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed that meant business days - but we're still at 31 today.  So we're going to have to ask what's going on there.  :(  WANT!
    Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

This picture is actually from last year when DH found the costume for $2 at PetSmart.  She was in it for a total of maybe 5 minutes but she hated every second.  We have video of her scooting around the floor trying to get out of it.  It's funny but I feel really bad for her and vowed never to do it to her again.

DH wanted to buy a hot dog costume this year but I put my foot down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Halloween!!

Tonight we're taking our 3 kids out trick or treating. I LOVE this day, but unfortunately my body does not. Latex allergy = sucks and no gory fun for me!

Tues - Going to get my MOH her dress. At night we're meeting with a potential DJ.

Wed- It's my FI's and his daugthers birthday. So we're just going to stay home, have a family friend come over for dinner and a cake she is making!

Friday - We're going to a Japanese restaurant in Clawson with the big ass grill you can sit around. It's going to be us 5, my parents, my brother and FI's parents celebrating FI's bday, his daughters bday, my sons 5th bday and my moms bday. All 4 are in one week of each other lol.

Saturday/Sunday - I'm surprising my FI with a night at the Greektown hotel and the DIA on Sunday for his bday. I'm excited. yikes.... what a busy week ahead of me!
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ally!! Congrats on being a Mrs.!

I'm sure there are plenty of WR things I should be doing this week, but I'm not really feeling it. In a perfect world, I'd love to finalize my STDs and order the invitation paper. Might also be nice to call up some cake bakers and continue working on the wording for our table cards.

In reality, none of that will happen and I'll instead do lots of NWR things -- drinks with old co-workers on Wednesday, book club on Thursday, and maybe date night with FI on Friday.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Happy Halloween!

Tonight - writing out final checks to the remaining vendors.

Tomorrow - meeting with DOC to go over timeline.

Wednesday - If I don't watch my nieces after work, I am going to get our marriage license.  Yikes!

Thursday - Dinner with a friend

Friday - Probably more wedding related items since I have 2 1/2 weeks left.  OMG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards