Michigan-Detroit

Ceremony Site

I am having a very difficult time finding a church for my ceremony that doesn't require you to take any classes or join the church. Can anyone recommend one in the Macomb County or Oakland County area?

Thanks

Re: Ceremony Site

• I guess it depends on what you want for the ceremony location.

Catholic churches (as far as I know) always insist on classes. I recall from some posts there a few in the metro area that will marry you, with the classes, if you are not a member of the parish, but I could be wrong.

Are you looking for a chapel with non-denominational attachment, where you bring in your own officiant to perform the ceremony? If so, there is an adorable chapel at Greenmead Village in Livonia, it has a max capacity of 100 people. There is information in my bio below, if you click on the "vendor" tab on the first page.
  • A little bit side note, but I recommend you taking classes actually. I know it's a personal preference, but I find it very helpful. 

Anyway - I'm getting married at Ward Church in Northville. I'm a member there, but they'll also marry non-members. They do have a slighly higher rate for non-members though. But you need to go to a premarital seminar on one Saturday and do a premarital counseling. As part of the counseling process, you will need to take a compatibility "test". And the rest of the counseling can be anywhere from one meeting to go over the test result to multiple meetings to go through a premarital book. It sounds like it's up to you.

If you decide to give Ward a thought, one warning - the wedding coordinator is very nice, but she isn't a planner type. She can drive you crazy, but it just may have been escalated with me because I'm also having reception there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I live in Macomb county and we had a hard time finding a church. We ended up using Hope Chapel in Shelby twp. It is an old church that was moved onto the park grounds at 24 and Van Dyke. It is a beautiful old church and will hold about 80 people. Its a good alternative to a church. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards