Michigan-Detroit

Dad's tuxes

I tried doing some facebook stalking of married friends, but thought it would be easier to just ask you lovely ladies! This poll is regarding the color that your and/or his dad are wearing (or planning on wearing)

Re: Dad's tuxes

• edited December 2011

Both our dad's wore brown vests with brown bowties. DH wore black and white, the GM wore lilac, and the bestmen wore champagne.

• GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FIL and my brother (who walked me down the aisle) wore black tux, with black vests, black ties and an ivory shirt.

Our Groomsmen wore a black tux, sage vests, sage tie and an ivory shirt. DH wore an ivory vest with an ivory tie and shirt.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually going tux shopping today but I imagine that they will do just a regular black/white tux without any color accent.  Just the classic look.

The guys will most likely have green vests to match the girls' dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    Dads wore black tux with silver vest and tie (just for something neutral) and white shirt.

GM wore teal vests and tie, DH wore black vest with black tie.
  • leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our GM wore black tuxes with dark silver vests and ties.  My dad wore the same tux, but with a light silver vest and tie. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our dads are just wearing black tuxes with white shirts, and black and white ties.  Our GM will have "mermaid" colored ties and FI has champagne colored vest and tie.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Our dads will both be wearing the same blue vest and tie as the GMs. FI will be in a light silver vest and tie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm really glad I made this poll!  I hadn't even really thought about a neutral color, like black or silver and I really like that idea!  I had originally thought of them matching the moms' dresses, which apparently no one does. Thanks for all the responses!
  • edited December 2011
    Our colors are Navy and champagne. All are wearing black tuxes.
    FI is wearing champagne vest, tie, and pocket square.
    Groomsmen are wearing navy vest & pocket square, all different patterned ties in navy.
    Dads are wearing black vests with subtle striped navy ties.
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dads wore a neutral color.  Wedding colors were black, w/green accents.  DH wore white, GM wore green, and dads wore black.

For my sister's wedding, the dads wore the same color as the groomsmen, but that's because it was already a neutral color (brown) and coordinated with the moms.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards