Michigan-Detroit
Options

Tigers fans rejoice!

Brandon Inge is gone. Praise the lord. I've been waiting for this for years.

FI and I are drinking champagne tonight.
June 16, 2012

Re: Tigers fans rejoice!

• Options
    Now if only they could get some good pitchers!!!
  • Options
    As most of you know, Kevin & I are huge Tiger fans. It became really obvious this season that his days were numbered.

I'm grateful he stayed his entire career here (so far), but I totally agree he had to go. It was getting very painful to listen to the fans boo him. In spite of the fact he hasn't done well in a long time, it was still painful. I believe the fans were sending a message to Dombrowski & Leyland when they booed, but it had to hurt, even if you are a professional.

Now, we need to get some consistent hitting, get Fister healthy, and make some noise in our division. Going to be tough going into NY to play the Yanks after losing 6 of the last 7 games. The one game I did go to this year so far was the one where we hit 5 home runs against Boston. Want to see more of THAT!
  • Options
    I'm confindent that we'll get our crap together. Eventually.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I did a happy dance at work when I heard.  I'm never a fan of anyone losing their job, because let's face it he did, but he had to go.  He's been declining for awhile now.  I don't feel too sorry for him, he's getting paid 6 mill...I'm sure he'll be fine.

Go Tigers!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    :-(

I've always been an Inge fan. But like Sue said, his days were obviously numbered. 

However, letting him go is not going to do much to help us. We need starting pitchers that can actually be consistent. As usual, Verlander is leading the team. How many games have we been behind ALREADY in the 2nd inning. Its ridiculous.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards