Michigan-Detroit
Options

Bridal Shower Colors vs. Wedding Colors

I am working with my MOH and my mom to start brainstorming for the bridal shower. They asked me if I wanted the colors to be the same as the wedding. I dont. But should it match??

Out wedding colors are shades of pink (light pink and fucshia) and grey. Elegant... because that what my fiance liked. I originally wanted deep plum purple and lime green - and he didnt like those colors.

Since I couldnt not use the color pallatte I really love for the wedding, I figured, why not use them for the bridal shower? Right?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bridal Shower Colors vs. Wedding Colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through this with my family too....I say they don't have to be the same colors. But its traditional, and any time a bride runs into breaking tradition, she runs into a problem.  So pick and choose your battles..if it's that important to you then do different colors. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they need to be the same colors. Although-mine were. Sort of. We had purple and gold decorations, but, I wore a pink and white dress.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I voted no, they don't need to match. 

You really shouldn't be involved in planning your own shower, though.  If they ask if you want the colors to match, it's fine to give your opinion, but let them plan all that detail-y stuff. It's really up to whoever is hosting it what colors the shower will be.

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine were the same but through no involvement of my own.  They planned the green and white although I wouldn't have cared one bit.

I even got scolded for bringing flowers to the hostess because they didn't match the color scheme ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it matters! I'm sure you're the only one who will even notice : ) My bridal shower was all pink but my wedding colors are ivory/champagne- deinitely no pink!
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes, but I really needed an other section to vote.  I had 2 showers.  One my mom threw and she used my colors.  The other my FMIL threw and she used fall colors.  I don't think it really matters.  And if someone else is planning it, it's really their decision unless they ask for input from you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine didn't match at all...our colors were black and white and we had a detroit tigers/baseball themed shower with orange and blue!  I don't think they need to match at all. 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do it different.  This way you get the best of both color schemes!  There is not a single reason that you MUST have both events "match"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards