Michigan-Detroit

MMPP

What are you ladies up to this week?

Re: MMPP

• edited December 2011
    Our tv shorted out this weekend, so, we completed most of the WR to-do's for this week a little early! Booked the honeymoon, bought my veil, ordered the last BM dress. Need to book a limo, book the Townsend for the morning of the wedding, and send in my deposit for day-of hair/makeup. Oh and keep my resolution to not stalk the registry!
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My second class starts this week so I'll be doing two classes for my MBA until May.  Other than that, just working out and working and hopefully taking it easy this weekend!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rachael - Where are you going for the honeymoon?

WR:  Send out the invitations on Saturday.  I really should wait until next Saturday (the 12th) but it's killing me that they are just sitting there waiting to be sent.  We finished up our registry over the weekend so there really isn't anything keeping us from sending them.

NWR:  Try not to freak out that our invites are going out on Saturday :)
  • edited December 2011
    Busy week ahead here, unfortunately  not the fun wr kind of busy.
    We are moving from AA to Rochester on Wednesday morning so between now and then we have tons of packing to do and errands to run.  Then after that we have all of the unpacking/organizing to do.

Also, hopefully filling out my new hire paperwork at Lifetime Fitness, slightly nervous they still don't have my background check but have unofficially offered me the job twice. 

WR: nagging my mom that it has been almost 2 weeks since I  gave her 4 websites of photographers to check out and asked her which was in her budget so we can actually make appointments. Also, asking her if she has finished compiling addresses because it has been a month since I e-mailed her the spreadsheet and as of a week ago she had not started. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    MMPP:
    [QUOTE]Rachael - Where are you going for the honeymoon?
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Hawaii! 5 nights in Kauai and 6 nights in Maui! FI booked/planned the whole thing, too!
  • edited December 2011
    Try to not freak out at how close it is to the wedding!

WR:  Mailbox stalk, then figure out who hasn't RSVp'd and stalk them!

NWR: Go out with an ex-coworker for dinner, maybe do an early spring cleaning of my closet.  Have a few friends over this weekend.  Nothing to exciting.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-83?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:94f95d9c-357a-4c7a-8689-14b5c7905a68Post:93d0ffde-0eac-4576-a2b1-4e76c7967661">Re: MMPP</a>:
    [QUOTE]MMPP: Hawaii! 5 nights in Kauai and 6 nights in Maui! FI booked/planned the whole thing, too!
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

VERY nice!
  • Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not much this week.  As usual the gym.  Going to try to get some sewing projects done. 

Only AW related item was FI is ordering his ghillie brogues (shoes for his formal kilt) and I am ordering my family tartan stole for my dress.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure yet!  We need to send out a payment to our venue and we really need to "officially" book the HM flight.  We've had it picked out for like a month and haven't gotten around to actually booking it yet.

Otherwise I may buy some accessories for myself this weekend depending how I'm feeling.  I think I would say I'm about 60% recovered or so after 1 week out which sounds better than what other people have told me they experienced.  I decided to stay home from school today for a little extra R&R, don't want to overexert myself too quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What exactly does "MMPP" stand for?

WR- continue to internet snoop to gather ideas. Today is the closest we'll get to our 1 year mark since our wedding date is 2.29.12 :) so that's very exciting!

NWR- we do the whole dog show thing with our bulldogs. This weekend is our puppies first show so we are very excited!! We will take the pups and their momma and spend the whole weekend at Cobo!
    If you have children or simply no other plans this weekend the Detroit Kennel Club dog show is at Cobo Sat/Sun. It's a SUPER fun time as it's basically a "meet the breed". lots of fun :)
    Besides planning/practicing for the show, we are taking our kitty to the vet at 1:45 today :( , job interview tonight, then visiting SIL in the hospital she had surgery today, tues/wed/thurs a different job interview, wed pm puppy class, thurs dr appointment with mom.... it's gonna be a long week
  • breeamberbreeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have to get our rings sized. FI fell off in the pool at the hotel the morning after the weddnig and int he shower the other day! And I had mine sized but it is still a little too big. I have actually lost weight since the wedding too (it's it supposed thebe the other way around?!)

Also working on making wedding photo albums for my parents and his parents on mixbook. There are over 800 photos so this is quite the task!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-83?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:94f95d9c-357a-4c7a-8689-14b5c7905a68Post:f7e20f95-7d99-4734-a871-3afdf0becad4">Re: MMPP</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What exactly does "MMPP" stand for?</strong> WR- continue to internet snoop to gather ideas. Today is the closest we'll get to our 1 year mark since our wedding date is 2.29.12 :) so that's very exciting! NWR- we do the whole dog show thing with our bulldogs. <strong>This weekend is our puppies first show so we are very excited!! We will take the pups and their momma and spend the whole weekend at Cobo! If you have children or simply no other plans this weekend the Detroit Kennel Club dog show is at Cobo Sat/Sun. It's a SUPER fun time as it's basically a "meet the breed". lots of fun :)</strong> Besides planning/practicing for the show, we are taking our kitty to the vet at 1:45 today :( , job interview tonight, then visiting SIL in the hospital she had surgery today, tues/wed/thurs a different job interview, wed pm puppy class, thurs dr appointment with mom.... it's gonna be a long week
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

I think it's Monday Morning Planning Post, but that may not be correct...

I love the DKC show! That is where we found  our dog/breeder! It's so fun!

Good luck on your interview!
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the luck RCJ2RCD!
    Glad to hear you've heard of it- it's lots of fun :)
    And hoping you keep to your resolution!! i'm not sure i could :(
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-83?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:94f95d9c-357a-4c7a-8689-14b5c7905a68Post:7832e9d7-b0f1-49d9-83fd-9cee95cf3e27">Re: MMPP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rachael - Where are you going for the honeymoon? WR:  Send out the invitations on Saturday.  I really should wait until next Saturday (the 12th) but it's killing me that they are just sitting there waiting to be sent.  We finished up our registry over the weekend so there really isn't anything keeping us from sending them. NWR:  Try not to freak out that our invites are going out on Saturday :)
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Wow...now I feel really behind that I haven't started addressing them and didn't plan on sending them out until the end of the month. Uh oh---

WR-- traveling all week so hopefully putting together the paperwork for our DJ and getting table numbers ready. Maybe working on programs. This weekend will be invite central now I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-83?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:94f95d9c-357a-4c7a-8689-14b5c7905a68Post:f7e20f95-7d99-4734-a871-3afdf0becad4">Re: MMPP</a>:
    [QUOTE]NWR- we do the whole dog show thing with our bulldogs. <div>
    </div><div>job interview tonight, tues/wed/thurs a different job interview. it's gonna be a long week
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    What kind of bulldogs do you have?  My MIL had a bulldog, but her ex got it in the divorce.  She's still heartbroken.  Over the dog, not the ex. :P  Good luck on the job interviews!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>WR: Tweak the online seating chart we made on TK.  I might order STD's and stick them in a closet or something.  </div><div>
    </div><div>NWR: DH is going to BIL's bachelor party tomorrow night, and the bachelorette party is Friday.  I'll see if I'm able to go, although it's probably a no since I work so early the next day.  </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    WR: We are going saturday to see and maybe sign a contract with my favorite venue!!!

NWR: The dog show of course! We go every year.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-83?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:94f95d9c-357a-4c7a-8689-14b5c7905a68Post:f8654c47-f295-44bc-addc-b3d4396d4671">Re: MMPP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MMPP :<strong> Wow...now I feel really behind</strong> that I haven't started addressing them and didn't plan on sending them out until the end of the month. Uh oh--- WR-- traveling all week so hopefully putting together the paperwork for our DJ and getting table numbers ready. Maybe working on programs. This weekend will be invite central now I think.
    Posted by BridetobeJenG[/QUOTE]
    Don't.  I'm just sending them out early.  I wanted to wait until at least the 12th (10 weeks) but FMIL is <em>freaking out</em> about the hotel block information because I made her promise not to tell her family about it.  So I told her I would have the invites out on Saturday so they could get the information by next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards