New York-Hudson Valley
Options

the view

so i am 11 months away from my wedding day and wanted to ask the view on the hudson brides at what point did they go in and talk to either howie or ralph... i feel like i need to call but i dont want to if its not time yet. also, i asked before but i forgot to write it down... what is the bakery that the view uses? any other pointers about the view let me know
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>

Re: the view

• Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I went it to walk through the venue again around the 1 year Mark just to see how the venue would look like at that time of year. I didn't see Howard again until about 4 months before for an appointment to pick linens, taste the food, and choose the menu. I think 11 months before is much earlier than they usually have those appointments. I called about 5 or 6 months before and they told me it was too early.The bakery that they use is Homestyle Desserts in Peekskill. I went on my own before I met with the view again and made the arrangements.HTH!Linda
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is Nov 7th and we are going to meet with Howard in 2 weeks to drop off a payment..I think we aren't going to get to the details until Sept.  He keeps putting me off..it's a little annoying.  Homestyle Bakery is amazing..my family and I have been using them for years and I was so excited when I found out that our cake would be made there.  Their cannlli filling is awesome!
  • Options
    navybride06navybride06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake was from Homestyle D. I designed it myself using several pictures to pull it together. The canoli feeling I agree was AMAZING.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Howard and getting married in Dec at the view. I have met with him only twice. Once to book and the last to get direction cards and make a payment. Like pp Howard keeps kinda blowing me off. I want to get my menu picked out, etc and he keeps telling me that I have plenty of time. I am actually going to be calling him AGAIN so I can finalize menus, linens, etc.
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    they didn't have me finalize the last minute details until around a month before.  in fact, I remember being there the weekend before to give them some stuff also.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    I guess I should mention that the only reason I picked everything 4 months before was because I am living in Albany and am not around all the time.... I think, as most people are saying, that one month to two months before is  typical there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get married at The View but for Patriot Hills I didn't pick the menu until about a month out either.  At that time I did the menu, picked the linens, and picked the ice sculpture.  You really don't have to pick that stuff so far out, especially bc sometimes places add menu items that you like better. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards