Michigan-Detroit

Moonboogie???

so thanks so much for your help regarding starshowz. so my next question is has anybody heard anything about moonboogie media thats owned by nathan fiss??thanksjen

Re: Moonboogie???

• edited December 2011
    I REALLY hope this info help you guys. Alot of us were dupped.Okay our wedding was Sept. 20th 2008. We went through Starshowz and were STUCK since you only had 3 days since signing to get your money back. Our DJ was a no show for contacting and we got a new one, that was NOT my choice at the last minute. We even got the WRONG dj package!. So 6-8 hours prior to my wedding things were changed. To make matters worse. Things were horrible, we were rushed through and the photographer HIT our best mans parents car!Starshowz told us that we were really not entitled to a refund and we also have nothing to even show for the event. We recently got our RAW photos on a disk and the "closing doors" letter in January and hadnt heard from Moonboogie since then. I saw the article in the Detroit news about them helping so I contacted them again. Nate responded and said they did not get our contact information but Scott Gidleys email is no longer valid.Nate says they will have us our RAW video soon and an edited one will follow in 6 months or so. If I PAY them MORE money they could speed up the process. Piss on this. I can't afford more money and we WILL be suing a Mr. Rick Galdi, former owner of Starshowz. He has, since then, opened more companies. Go figure! You can Google him or look him up on ask. We did. As for Nate. It looks like he is trying hard to satisfy and they do now have a website but I reccomend doing some research and joining the class action lawsuit against the company. Thank you VERY much for reading and here is some more info.www.moonboogie.comNate and Crystal Fiss 248-461-6930Nate Fiss - former Starshowz DJ and owner of MoonboogieScott Gidley - former Starshowz photo editorRick Galdi - former Starshowz owner and money leachMoonboogie MediaP.O. Box 214380Auburn Hills, MI 48321
  • edited December 2011
    AngelicAlone have you heard anything about a class action lawsuit against Starshowz? I have been trying for almost a year now to get my album that we paid for and Scott just recently threatened to "hault production" because my husband threatened to contact a lawyer. I honestly don't think the album is even in production because I've been told for months and months now that it's in production and shouldnt be much longer...I am to the point where I don't even want the album any more...just a refund.
  • edited December 2011

My wedding was May 16, 2009 almost a year ago.  I still HAVE NOT received my edited wedding video which was promised at the end of last year.  I have called numerous amounts of times with no response back from Nate.  This is such BS. A majority of the time his voice mails are filled so you can't leave a message and if you do get a chance to leave a message, you never get a call back.  I work for a law firm and will probably be filing suit very shortly.  I know from other blogs and sites there are many other unhappy brides who have not heard from them either. 

• Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK...what's going on?
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Derek GalloDerek Gallo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Has anyone put together a class action lawsuit for StarShowz?  Our two year wedding anniversary is coming up and to this day we have not received our wedding album.  On top of this a lot of stuff got messed up the week before our wedding because of StarShowz.  Any information would be great, I hate when people take advantage of other people and think they can get away with it.

Derek

• edited December 2011
    any one heard anything? I still dont have my $1000 album :(
  • ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_moonboogie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9986700Post:4898f006-d563-4932-b553-d9c863e00a45">Re: Moonboogie???</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK...what's going on?
    Posted by jholbel[/QUOTE]
    this is some stuff that blew up HUGE a couple years ago on TK (early 2009).<div>former clients were posting asking about the now defunct wedding vendor starshowz because there were a lot of upset brides trying to get their album (as you can see, many have still not received them).</div><div>
    </div><div>Channel 7 or Fox even did an expose where they tried to find them! They had an empty office space, and went MIA and former clients said they basically never made good on thousands of dollars worth of contracts photo/DJ, etc</div><div>
    </div><div>turns out one of people who used to own or work for the company started posting on TK to let people know he was starting his own DJ business, and somewhere in there he wanted to make good on the DJ contracts that starshowz had signed but never intended to honor. then his wife(?) started posting too. super defensive stuff. it was bizarre. </div><div>
    </div><div>anyway:</div><div><div><div>Starshowz filed bankruptcy or something and there were gov't documents to prove it (and they were STILL BOOKING CLIENTS). KA was threatening to ban the hell out of the board for posting an OFFICIAL doc  (if i remember correctly the document was the official dissolution of the company) via the state of michigan website to prove that there was some shady stuff going on and to urge the brides with current contracts to sever ties and find new vendors because it was pretty clear that they would be screwed (no jokes).  KA still threatened it, Tarah had to basically lock the board down. </div></div><div>
    </div><div>it was a big to-do, and rightfully so, it seems. </div><div>
    </div><div>edit to clarify</div></div>
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Alright ... It has been 3 long years now and still NOTHING has been done. When my lawyer contacted him they had moved yet again and had no ADDRESS. Anyone else have anything?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards