New York-Hudson Valley

Gifts for Readers?

So we are having our godmother's do the readings at our wedding--do we get them a Thank You gift? If so, what did/are you doing?TIA
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Gifts for Readers?

• edited December 2011
    My sister gave her readers pretty perfume bottles.  I think she got them at Anthropologie.  They were very affordable and a nice keepsake. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have been a reader twice. Once I was given a gift - a small bottle of my favorite perfume. The other time I wasn't given a gift but I did attend the rehearsal and dinner. Which was fine. I think a small token would be nice. Perhaps, a small gift certificate to their favorite restarurant. I like how you are having your godmother's do it.
  • edited December 2011
    We had my aunt and MH's greataunt as readers.  We got them each a Kate Spade bag we got on a huge sale at Woodbury Commons marked from $400 to $80!  We got them the same bag but it totally fit both their personalities and they LOVED them!  We planned on getting something smaller but it was such a great deal and was something we knew they'd both love so we splurged a little. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies--I found a necklace for my aunt/godmother and I really love it, and know she would. I'll figure something else out for my FIs godmother as well. Thanks so much!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my readers Dooney&Bourke wristlets from Woodbury. They were $21 and $25 each, very affordable =)Jaimie
  • edited December 2011
    We got my cousin an engraved money clip and DH's cousin a chain link bracelet with her initial engraved on the dangling heart. Just small, thoughtful gifts. They both attended the rehearsal and the dinner as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Since we got married close to holiday time we got each of our readers an ornament they would like.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsomar2bmrsomar2b member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We got our reader the book the reading - Union by Robert Fulgum - was from and a special bookmark. And since our reader was a she we got her a corsage to wear at the wedding. Good luck with the rest of your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards