Michigan-Detroit
Options

Save the Dates

I am debating what to do for our save the dates and hoping for some input.  I found some DIY ones in a magazine that I love, if I tweak them away from blue beach them to formal red wedding.  The downside is there would be no picture in them and I can't think of a good way to incorporate a picture.  I've also thought of going with a basic picture save the date option.  I love the magnets but my mom hates them because they don't stick to stainless steel fridges...so she ruled those out (okay Mom you win this battle). The DIY could be a fun project and all of the women are actually itching to get involved and keep asking what they can help with but again no picture.
So I'm hoping for advice on what I should do for my save the dates. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Save the Dates

• Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love the picture ones, but it sounds you're excited to DYI them. so i picked DYI :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DIY with a picture!  Have someone take a nice picture of you, upload it Vistaprint, and make some.  Or design your own on Photoshop or some other photo-editing software.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_save-dates-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9ea74265-de73-4f34-b75c-f65f46993adaPost:8da61a77-eaf8-4063-ba3c-f92b7f146e57">Re: Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]DIY with a picture!  Have someone take a nice picture of you, upload it Vistaprint, and make some.  Or design your own on Photoshop or some other photo-editing software.  
    Posted by mrsbunyip[/QUOTE]

This!  DIY with a pic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our save the dates were mini magnets from magnet street. We used a pic from our engagement shoot. Everyone loves them - esp relatives that we haven't seen in a while. I vote for picture save the date :) sites like vistaprint, shutterfly, and magnet street make it super easy (and super cheap!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think I'll to incorporate a picture into DIY one I like.  I'll scan a picture in here when I finish moving to see if I can get any suggestions...right now the inspiration picture is buried in a box somewhere.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got 100 free save the dates from Vistaprint.com goolge vistaprint free 100 postcards.  All you have to do is insert pictures and pay for shipping.  Then when you  mail them you only need to pay for postcard stamps when you send them!
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with others that you should use vistaprint.  They look professional and all you have to do is pay for shipping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards