Michigan-Detroit

PSA: Macy's Bridal Salon (Somerset Mall)

Macy’s Bridal Salon Somerset

The Celebration of Bridal Season Kick Off Sale!!

One Day Only

December 26th

25% off your entire purchase!!!

Includes Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bridesmaids

And Mother of Bride/Groom dresses.

You must pay in FULL on December 26th to receive 25% discount.

Special promotion honored Monday, December 26th Only.

No Exceptions.

By Appointment

248-816-4270

Re: PSA: Macy's Bridal Salon (Somerset Mall)

• Awesome- thanks!  Anyone have any experience shopping for Mother of Bride dresses there?  (Good selection?)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mother and i went there. The ladies that worked there were rude and didn't want to take the time to help us, which was fine since their selection was not that impressive.
  • Yikes- that is exactly the experience I had at the Macy's salon in Chicago when I was looking for my dress...and definitely not the experience I want my mom to have!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_psa-macys-bridal-salon-somerset-mall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:a1d9e088-b594-4053-8277-42ff34343e61Post:a215f1c7-ef7a-4927-ae30-86c9358ba9f2">Re: PSA: Macy's Bridal Salon (Somerset Mall)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yikes- that is exactly the experience I had at the Macy's salon in Chicago when I was looking for my dress...and definitely not the experience I want my mom to have!
    Posted by csgman[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was shocked considering my mother worked at the Macy's at somerset and the people she talked to everyday at work wouldn't even speak to her. Can't imagine what they do to the other customers.
  • Wow.  I've never been to the bridal salon at Macy's and I'm glad I've never been.  I didn't know the service was so bad.  
  • I got my bridesmaid dresses from The Macys Bridal Salon. I worked with Lindsay and she is amazing. I have loved working with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This was the first place I looked for my bridal gown. Their selection really disappointed me, and it didn't seem like they would have much in bridesmaids/mother's either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a positive experience in the Macy's store...the woman who helped me was amazing and really fun to work with.  I felt bad that I ultimately did not buy my gown from them.  The selection is limited but I was glad that I went there to try on the gowns.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm totally pissed.  I feel like all of you, that their selection was small and shitty and expensive, but this is where my MOH picked her dresses from today.  Of the MANY styles and dresses we tried on at 3 different stores today, she chose this really ugly one because it was the only decent one there and she was burnt out.  Instead of trying back another day at another store, we settled.  Normally I would shrug and say "oh well, it's your wedding" but these dresses are $230 plus $40 rush fee (wedding is in April) plus alterations on not only the hem, but also the bust and straps on every one of us.  These dresses, even with the 25% off, will be over $300, when we set a budget before we went of $200 max.  Her gown only cost $375 including tax.  Not trying to thread jack, just venting while adding that their selection isn't great, but if you're into $250 chiffon column dresses, go crazy lol
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow, I had a great experience here and wish I could have saved 25%! I worked with Barb and she was amazing. I told her what I wanted and the first dress she had me try on was the one I bought! They do have a limited selection for sure but if you're looking for a brand they carry (I knew I liked Watters) I thought it was a wonderful experience.
  • I had a great experience at Macy's as well as a few of my friends who have purchased from there! I personally thought they had more of a selection than some other salons in the area, and they even brought in a dress that they didn't have as part of the normal stock for me. I'm not sure what went on with some of the posters above, but everyone was super friendly and helpful to me and my friends everytime we went in there!
  • edited December 2011
    I was just in the salon a week ago. I didn't purchase there. (I bought my gown at Marina Morrison in San Francisco), but I had a great experience. I'm a little surprised by the negativity.

As far as the prices, I found them to be reasonable. It's Somerset Mall, so I knew what to expect. You can always call and ask about pricing, which is a good idea anyway. Their gown selection for moms is dreadful, and they don't have a good selection of veils and headpieces. Forget about jewelry.

I found the wedding gown selection to be pretty nice...not the best I've seen, but definitely nicer than most in the Metro-Detroit area. I was looking for something more couture, and they didn't have what I was looking for. My best friend bought her dress there (she was looking for a specific designer they carry), which is why I went. She had a great experience, from the purchase through the alterations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards