Michigan-Detroit
Options

piquette plant

hello everyone.

we're just getting started with all of this and i'm pretty sure we've found my perfect venue: the ford piquette plant.  i've seen some sites where people describe weddings there as large as 250 people, but i read somewhere else (don't recall where) that the max is 160.

our super rough list is well over both those numbers, but we could easily get it down to 200 or 220 for an early 2014 wedding.  does anyone know about the guest maximum or if there is any flexibility to it?

thanks in advance,
em 

Re: piquette plant

• Options
    When I originally spoke with the coordinator (Pat Linklater), I was told they could accommodate 400 guests. I'm pretty sure they've changed that amount since I signed my contract in 2011 (I believe it is 250 now), but the only way you will know for sure is if you get in touch with Pat.

Apparently the Piquette plant books up fast now, so if you want an early 2014 date you need to get in touch with Pat ASAP. Her information is listed on the website http://tplex.org

Now a word of warning: 
    -All of my guests LOVED how unique the piquette plant was. The volunteers (for the most part) are VERY helpful (one even went around giving guests tours of the museum), HOWEVER, Pat is a nightmare to work with. She will promise you things and then not deliver, she will go back on things all the time, so if you're willing to put up with a bit of a headache it is worth it (just get EVERYTHING in writing - I mean EVERYTHING - WITH signatures)

-They have a sound system but it SUCKS. Hire a pro to do the work (we cut corners here and just tried to DIY and regret it)

-Pat will probably tell you before you sign the contract that they have enough tables & chairs to accommodate however many guests you say you have....verify this and get it in writing. We barely had enough tables and the chairs had to be moved from the 2nd floor ceremony to the 3rd floor reception.

There are quite a few of us on here that were T-plex brides, if you search you'll probably find related threads. Goodluck!
  • Options
    thanks so much for your advice!

i'll definitely keep all that in mind.
  • Options
    <div>it seems that the number is a firm 160.</div><div>
    </div><div>does anyone know of any venues similar to this one?  the cars are less important, but an open, industrial type building with exposed brick and lots of history that could accomodate a larger group?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_piquette-plant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:a2140c5d-e182-47e1-a219-ed27e561b8a9Post:493d173a-f912-4449-9b3c-1940c1fe808c">Re: piquette plant</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks so much for your advice! i'll definitely keep all that in mind.
    Posted by emilyandmuzzy[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    The Henry Ford museum has open & industrial, but I suspect it's expensive.

http://www.thehenryford.org/privateevents/weddings/weddings.aspx

This is a blog created by a bride who put together all her Detroit research

http://bridgettesdetroitwedding.wordpress.com/detroit-vendor-details/
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The Piquette plant was my first choice but unfortunatly with the 160 max and new pricing it ended up being a no go. I also recently got an email from Pat saying that they have picked their brides for 2013 and 2014 (2014 pricing being EVEN more expensive). They can only do 8 weddings a year now with the strict board.

My Fiance and I ended up booking The Crofoot in Pontiac. It's huge, two stories, multiple rooms, double decker patio, exposed brick, hard wood floors, exposed duct work. I love it! Plus, the price was much cheaper than the piquette plant. It's a flat rate per day vs per person for the venue rental. One of the best things i think about the rental fee is that it includes a day of cordinator. Also, I believe they told me it can hold up to 300.

You also might want to check out Mocad for that industrial detroit feel. I'm not sure of their pricing but they were also on our list of maybe's.
  • Options
    thanks for the information everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards