New York-Hudson Valley

wedding shower bow bouquet

i am attending a shower this weekend, and need to know how to make the 'bow bouquet' for the rehearsal dinner. any pointers?

Re: wedding shower bow bouquet

• billyandsarabillyandsara
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    paper plate and tape. Collect the bows and any ribbon as she opens gifts and tape them to the plate..very easy
  • edited December 2011
    I saw something in party city the other day which is a circle (like a paper plate) that had slits in it for the ribbons to go through. It looked cute, but the paper plate and tape is probably easier and definitely cheaper! But, I think had a good base to start with, and it gave the ribbons a place to go. Like pp said the plate and tape is also probably easiest, but figured I'd pass the find along. Party City in Yorktown has a ton of new wedding  stuff. They practically doubled their section!
  • edited December 2011
    A stapler is also good to bring.  Don't let the bride use scissors to cut any bows off the gifts - it's "bad luck".
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! what serves as the 'stem'?
  • edited December 2011
    "The stem" on my bouquet was made out of a lot of ribbon lol. I got a gift that was gift wrapped at Williams-Sonoma and the green ribbon they use is super durable. It defintely held up for the rehearsal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards