Michigan-Detroit

when does WP usually arrive?

We are going to book our limo soon, but we're trying to figure out what time block to reserve it for.  I know the wedding party usually gets to the reception a bit later than the guests, but I'm not sure how much later.  If our reception starts at 6 and dinner is at 7, when do you guys think we should we get there??  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: when does WP usually arrive?

• breeamberbreeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you planning to do anything before dinner bsides toasts? We are going to make our grand entrance with our wedding party and then the entire wedding party is going to dance to a fast song. Then we are going to invite all guests to come and dance to one or two fast songs. Then we will sit down for dinner. Here is our timeline:

5:30   Guests begin arriving at hall
    6:20   Wedding Party Grand Entrance & Dance / Guests fast dance
    6:30  Toasts
    6:45   Dinner

If you are going to come and and eat right away then you probably want to arrive around 6:45. If you want to dance first, 6:30.
  • Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our reception started at 6. However, we were there (reception was at a golf course) taking pictures. We got to the reception hall around 515 for pictures and did our grand entrance at 620.

Our guests had already started - almost done with the cheese and fruit trays. We got there, cut the cake, toasts, had dinner served at 640 then on to the dancing!

• edited December 2011
    If dinner is being served at 7, I would plan to be there around 6:30.  That way you'll have time to enter, get settled, and have toasts/prayer, etc before dinner begins.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards