August 2013 Weddings

Hello!

Hi All-  My name is Amanda. I am looking forward to using this board and learning more about everyone! We are planning to be be married on July 25, before our ship embarks on our Alaskan cruise.  Our reception is after we return, on August 17, 2013 and that is the part I will really need your expertise. 

I am not a party planning person and just thinking about it stresses me out...I want everyone to have a ton of fun at our party!

I appreciate any creative reception ideas that you may have for receptions that are held on a later date than the wedding.

Re: Hello!

• We are taking an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome to the board.

I am not sure how much planning you have done for your reception but first things first set a budget. From there you can find a venue, cartering, ect. You may want to consider a planner or day of cordinator if the stress of planning is too much and your budget allows :)
  • Congrats & Welcome!!
  • Welcome Amanda! Sounds like fun. I went to a wedding celebration party like that last fall and really enjoyed it. My friend wore a cute party dress and skipped most of the wedding traditions like cake cutting. Most of that stuff isn't really her style anyways. They had a yummy buffet and a dj, as well as a bonfire outside of the tent. It was low key and fun. Look forward to hearing about your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards