Michigan-Detroit

NWR - FINALLY!!

I FINALLY got my corrected birth certificate yesterday!  Sadly it was missing some of the info that was on the orginial (dad's occupation, the doctor, the hospital) but the most important this was that my name was corrected!

So now I can go and have my DL done the right way, along with my car registration via the state, and of course my car insurance.

I still feel I shouldn't have had to dish out $40 for a mistake they made over 50 years ago....

Re: NWR - FINALLY!!

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congrats on finally being you  :)
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:ad53eff8-9859-4afd-9a24-de369b3f5e29Post:490ff6ac-b5aa-4b32-8a00-259ddba9b8eb">Re: NWR - FINALLY!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  Congrats on finally being you  :)
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]
    THIS!
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I just keep thinking that the $40 could have been put toward something more useful, like my wedding!
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Could you tell us exactly what the process was? I'm very curious, because my dad's birth certificate is spelled wrong (although spelled correctly on his license - no idea how he pulled that one off), and my mom is terrified when they go to retire he won't be able toa ccess any of his funds!
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Since my name was spelled incorrectly at the time of my birth, I just had to produce a docment that had my CORRECT name on it, DATED as close to my birth as possible.  I was able to use my high school diploma.  Another thing (if it has your dad's full name on it) would possibly be the social security card.  You can always call vital records in Lansing to make sure what could be used but I know that the document has to be at least five (5) or more OLDER.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards