Michigan-Detroit

Need help finding Photographer

Hi Ladies! I'm a fellow knottie who got married in June and I am now helping my cousin with her wedding. She is getting married in Rochester MI in Aug of 2010. She is looking for a photographer within the budget of $3,000-$3,500. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Re: Need help finding Photographer

• Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is great -- Chuck Cloud -- info in my bio.  My sister, cousin, and friend have all used him for their weddings.  He is well under that budget (which seems a bit high).  I know he has different packages, but I believe mine was $1,600.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Amanda Williams www.amandawilliamsphotography.com she is well under that budget.

With that size budget definitely look into The Shooting Gallery www.theshootinggallery.com. Amazing photogs!

Orris Photography
    Photos by JS
    Emily Dowd
    Amy Boeve
    Kreative Imaging
    Bliss by Mishelle
    Inner Circle Photography

all highly recommended here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Emily Dowd for our October wedding and she was fantastic.  I consider her almost more of a friend now than just a vendor.  Check out http://www.ejphotos.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Amber Lights Photography 
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Sunkissed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MelanieJ54MelanieJ54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michael Jonas Photography!!!! Super nice and so much experience (and he has his masters degree in photography). HIGHLY recommend. My family uses him all the time and same with my friends. He has an assistant he brings to take photos also and at no extra charge and does amazing portraits, candids and extra fun stuff. www.jonasphoto.com
  • Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With that budget, I would definitely try and get the Shooting Gallery.
  • edited December 2011
    DO NOT use Manino Photography. . . .
    My friend used her at her wedding and she was terrible:
    1) She kept calling my friend (stella) Shannon which was teh MOh's name.
    2) She had no idea what shots she wanted to get when.
    3) She kept putting the MOH in the middle of the pictures and NOT the bride.
    4) she was T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E.
    5) In the proofs, she included this aweful picture of the bride when she was making a face because she was uncomfortable and hot!

JUST SAY NO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the shooting gallery, but they were booked on my date. :(
    http://www.theshootinggallery.com/
    I also loved Jen from JK Photography, but she too was booked on my date. :(:(
    http://jbadalamenti1.photobiz.com/?load=flash

I am most likely going to book Melissa from A Girl in Love photography, pending our meeting this weekend.  She is at the low end of your budget and her work is awesome! 
    www.agirlinlove.com

• edited December 2011
    I loved my photographer: Amber Hunt Photography.

There are quite a few packages to choose from, and definitely in your price range.
  • edited December 2011
    I looooooove my photographer - Amy Carroll.  She's out of Grand Rapids but will go travel anywhere in Michigan for no charge :)  She's super sweet, quick at responding to e-mails and a fabulous photographer....  www.acarrollphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    A Thousand Words Photography. Link to my photos and review in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I love my photographer, Amour Photography, Amy the owner was booked on my date, but one of her other photographers, Judy is doing our wedding. They are great to work with and I love thier work! It's also probably at the lower end of your budget. You can check out thier work at www.amourphotography.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Amy Carroll and Bliss by Mishelle. 

We chose Emily Dowd because in addition to being a fantastic photographer, she was a pleasure to meet with, super organized and incredibly down to earth.  All of her packages can be customized and she really listens to what you want!
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer, Amber Hunt Photography, was about half that price and worth her weight in gold. I cannot say enough amazing things about her. She took my siggy pic and I have a few of her photos in my married blog- I just haven't updated it yet! She works for the Detroit Free Press and has a great photojournalistic style. The best part- she gives you the rights to your photos so you can get them printed anywhere you like which saved us a ton of money. Check her out at amberhuntphotography.com. HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    My married bio
    TTC since March 2010, Dx PCOS 3/9/11. HSG 3/9/11 Clear with dominant but underdeveloped follicle, 4/4/11 Started 50 mg Clomid, 6/5/11 Started 100 mg Clomid, 8/9/11 BFP!
    4/6/12 Emerson Kate was born!
  • edited December 2011
    Well of course we're all going to tell you ours is the best so i might as well.
    Save the Moments Photography.
    http://www.savethemoments.com/
    It would take too long for me to tell you how they helped me out but I know for your budget you could get three photographers and Jeff's latest techniques are amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I second The Shooting Gallery!
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • hmwinter85hmwinter85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Photos By Miss Ann.  She is out of Novi I think but travels all over.  Our engagments pics turned out amazing and she has a super quick turn around time.  Our proofs were posted online after 6 hours and we got our printed proofs in about 3 days.  So far I've been really pleased with her.

www.photosbymissann.com
  • edited December 2011
    modernphotoglyphs.com

I love our epics!
  • becandjim10becandjim10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The village Papparazzi, my package is $1600 and it includes Epics, and Boudoir pics with album as gift for Fi. Kim is amazing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards