Michigan-Detroit

Bridal Salons

I am in the very beginning planning phases and starting to think about my dress.  We just got engaged about a week and a half ago, but we are looking to get married next fall and getting the ball rolling.  So, my question is where did you buy your dress? Or is there a salon you absolutely loved but may not have found "the one" there?  I am trying to pick a few to check out and start getting a game plan down.  Thank you in advance for your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Salons

• sasha213swsasha213sw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have only checked out one so far (in the beginning stages of planning myself). It was Dior Bridal Salon in Dearborn. I worked with a consultant named Sharon. She knew I wasn't purchasing that day but still went out of her way to be helpful without ever pressuring me to buy. She also let me come back later that day without an appt. to show my friends and FMIL a particular dress that I liked. This was all during a Maggie Sottero trunk show, so they were crazy busy. Hope this helps!
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.  I know for sure I will browse numerous salons before purchasing a gown and I am worried a lot of consultants won't take the time with me knowing it won't be an immediate sale.  And, just for the record, so far I love Maggie Sottero gowns far more than any other designer so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Just to let you know... Arena Bridal in Shelby Township is having a Maggie Sottero trunk show Jan. 8-9... my dress is a Maggie Sottero, and I got it from Arena Bridal. They are great to work with...
    December Siggy: Favorite thing on our registry: our fine china... Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dumb question, I am new to the whole wedding planning thing, what is the advantage of a trunk show?
  • edited December 2011
    For suggestions on bridal salon recommendations, definitely check out the sticky posts at the top. I ordered my dress from Dior Bridal Salon because they were having a trunk show on Maggie Sottero dresses. I didn't have the greatest experience with them even though I was just picking up my dress, but I do know quite a few ladies had a great experience with them. I found my dress at I Do Too Bridal in Plymouth and the ladies there were awesome to work with.

To answer your question, a trunk show is put on by a bridal salon to showcase a designer. If you purchase a bridal gown from the trunk show, you get a discount, usually 15%. That's really the advantage of a trunk show.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you that helps!
  • awroblewskiawroblewski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I first went to Dior just to look and they were so helpful and nice! I ended up getting my dress from them and it will soon be in! Good Luck!
    ~Angela~
  • edited December 2011
    First off, CONGRATS! Isn't it such a great feeling? 
    Second, I've been out of state for 4 months because I had been doing volunteer work so when I came back to Michigan I took my bridesmaids to David's Bridal to look at dresses for them (because we saw some cute ones online) but we had HORRIBLE service (and we had an appointment) but luckily we still found cute inexpensive dresses. From there, we went to an appointment I had scheduled at Brides by Demetrio's in Troy and it was a WONDERFUL experience... I was treated like royalty! Since I don't know much about wedding dresses I had just expected to get an idea of what I liked... instead, Jeanine, sat with me and asked if I liked this or that and pulled 4 dresses for me. My bridesmaids sat and waited to watch the show while Jeanine helped me get in and out of each dress. She was soooo courteous and kind... she complimented me and gave me her opinion of each dress. She saved the best for last.. it brought tears to all our eyes (which was shocking because NOBODY expected that) once she put on the matching veil and I just HAD to go back that night so my mom could see it before I ordered it. 
    I'm sorry this is so long but my wedding isn't until November so I had not expected to find "THE DRESS" right away and I am just ecstatic about the excellent service I had. Not only was Jeanine incredibly helpful but when I came out in a dress another salesperson was walking by and commented on how beautiful i looked and I really appreciated that.

Recap: DEMETRIO'S IN TROY = INCREDIBLE. ... they have a trunk show coming up in January, btw. sorry about all the typing... I am just so happy! Oh, and I didn't even have to say what size I was, Jeanine just looked at me and knew! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Le Salon Bridal in Royal Oak!!! <3<3<3
    engagementWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Bella Bridal in West Bloomfield, and I would recommend them to everyone! I got my dress during a trunk show, and it dropped the price about $200! I worked with Heather and my BM's also ordered their dresses through them.  They also do altering in house, and store the dresses when they come in which is nice if you dont want or have the room for it just yet!!  Good Luck!! Wink and CONGRATS!!
    11/11/11....Helloooo Mrs. Andrews ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards