August 2013 Weddings

Hi There!

I'm new to TK and my FI and I are getting married August 24th, 2013. I've been reading over alot of forums, looking to see if anyone has asked about colors for the wedding, and so far, none have... So I will! :)

Our colors are pink, black and white. I like how those colors are nicely contrasting, and they make things pop... But for pink, do I have to do a single shade? Pink comes in so many hues, it's hard to find the same hue in napkins, invitations, dresses, etc.

Can I use different shades of pink, or will it look bad?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi There!

• znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I don't think that it would look tacky to use diferent shades. Just be sure that they are different enough so that people know they are soposed to be different. Know what I mean? I myself am using dark purple as my main color, and then various light purples and pinks as back ground. :-) So do what you want, and can find. :-)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:79aac7b4-5dbf-4e47-8826-0aa87e4e9505Post:93b9ce1e-1511-4237-9cf2-76423d631f0f">Hi There!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm new to TK and my FI and I are getting married August 24th, 2013. I've been reading over alot of forums, looking to see if anyone has asked about colors for the wedding, and so far, none have... So I will! :) Our colors are pink, black and white. I like how those colors are nicely contrasting, and they make things pop... But for pink, do I have to do a single shade? Pink comes in so many hues, it's hard to find the same hue in napkins, invitations, dresses, etc. Can I use different shades of pink, or will it look bad?
    Posted by ajsMom&Bride2b[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards