Michigan-Detroit
Options

TGIF!

Happy Friday everyone!!!  What are you up to this weekend?

Re: TGIF!

• Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NWR: Girls weekend in Frankenmuth this weekend.  Starts today.  I am getting ready to leave the house just as soon as I finish packing.  Sunday when I come home, it's my nieces 2nd birthday.  I get home just in time to go to her birthday party!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    This weekend our church is having a program on "Gender Bender" and the man's and woman's roles in the church.  FI and I are going to them.

Tomorrow is Sweetest Day and since my sweetie has been begging for a toy, I got him two (2) Hot Wheels and a mini football.  I have sent him NINE (9) cards so far this week and he will get number TEN (10) tody and ELEVEN (11) tomorrow with the gift!

Sunday they are having a Harvest Dinner after church and Pastor Appreciation Day..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today: Work until 5, finishing up some thank you notes, and heading to bed early.

Tomorrow:  2nd dress fitting at 9 am in Lansing, hopefully spending the day with FI, and taking it easy to try to kick this cold and tolerate the all day sickness that has come with being pregnant.  I also know my boss wants me to come in to work, but I feel like crap, have 2 weeks to go until my wedding and he never put me on the schedule in the first place.

Sunday: Work 9-6, then lazy night.

Somewhere in there I will probably work on the seating chart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dinner with DH tonight DH will be at the MSU game tomorrow and I will be getting a mani-pedi then starting to clear out all of the wedding stuff from our basement. I plan on cooking all day on Sunday. So glad I have time to cook again :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

TGIF!!!

Today: Not really sure yet. FI surprised me and got out of work early!! I think he plans on hunting later and then afterwards we are going to eat dinner at a local Mexican restaurant--my baby sister (who turns 16 in Dec) got a job as a hostess there so we told her we'd come be a friendly face to "sit."

Tomorrow: Heading to GR to look at houses!! I am SO excited for this. U of M/MSU game and Game 6!!!

Sunday: Working 7-3...only downside to the weekend so far LOL.

• Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Tomorrow -- checking out another shower location (let's hope this is the one and I can be done with this), and then I have a friend staying at my place that night so she can run the Detroit marathon in the morning. I'm cooking a pasta dinner for her and a couple other folks.

Sunday -- marathon watching and then softball.

Watching the Tigers too!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will definitely be watching the tigers and the U of M/MSU game this weekend.

Today: working and filling out more apps.

Tomorrow: Gem and Mineral Show with my FI (he really really wanted to go again).  We'll also go out to dinner likely.

Sunday: Working and clearing of the DVR.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    EDIT: Tonight - Studying at a friends... FI got called in to work. Bummer!
    Tomorrow - going to a baby shower
    Sunday - Mine and FI's first half marathon! We're going to be running in 2 countries in one day! (USA and Canada, in case nobody knew)

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today:  work then grocery shopping
    Tomorrow:  Going to the MSU/UM game and we have to wake up suuuuuper early.  It won't be an issue for me but DH tends to drag his feet a bit.
    Sunday:  recover from Saturday and possibly do some yardwork if the weather cooperates.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonight: Relaxing and printing labels for the STD's that will be here today (yay!)

Saturday: Busy busy day. Catering appt in the AM. My sons soccer game in the afternoon and I'm sure somewhere in there is watching UofM/MSU GO BLUE!!! Also, it's the anniversary of my grandmas death, but since we're Jewish, the cemetery isn't open tomorrow. Then, at night probably planning a nice dinner with FI and a bonfire in our back yard for sweetest day.

Sunday: Going to the cemetery and relaxing. Boy, do I need it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today:  Final dress fitting and honeymoon shopping.  Trying to figure out how I am going to do my hair since both hair trials were huge FAILURES!  Its sad I have everything done and nothing really to stress about except my hair.

This weekend:  House cleaning and working on Sunday. Counting down!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:bb4a54e0-15aa-41da-b4cf-e7b76f7ac40ePost:4bbfd19a-4b5f-48bd-b65e-fa748f9a726c">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today:  Final dress fitting and honeymoon shopping.  Trying to figure out how I am going to do my hair since both hair trials were huge FAILURES!  Its sad I have everything done and nothing really to stress about except my hair. This weekend:  House cleaning and working on Sunday. Counting down!!!
    Posted by lmalear01[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Why were they failures? what look are you going for?</div>
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    today - work then grocery shopping

Saturday - FI and I are going to Bronner's.  We've decided to make it a tradition to celebrate our anniversary.  Plus FI is obsessed with Christmas. 

Sunday - BDay party get together at FI's parents' house.  This quarter we are celebrating all fall bdays.  LOL  I'm guessing a rousing game of Pictionary may break out!!
  • Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today: Working and then some errands tonight with FI.  Hopefully, get some sewing in on my neice and nephew's halloween costumes.

Saturday:  MSU/UM game at a friends and then D&D afterwards.

Sunday:  Engagement photos!! :)  And then dinner with friends in the evening.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Today, I am working and then I want to go home and just relax.

Tomorrow I am watching MSU kick U of M's butt!! And same goes for the Tigers!

Sunday to Monday FI and I are going to Ohio and staying in Belamere Suites. I have never been, but heard it's amazing and I am looking forward to spending some time with him. I have not seen him in almost 2 weeks!

GO GREEN!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today: Meeting up with some girlfriends for dinner after work.

Saturday: Going to watch the UofM/MSU game with some friends and then maybe relax and clean house.

Sunday: Cider Mill

The joys of having an FI that works in the restaurant business means I won't be seeing him at all this weekend. We went out to dinner and a movie last night to kind of celebrate Sweetest Day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:bb4a54e0-15aa-41da-b4cf-e7b76f7ac40ePost:4ed7c80f-09e4-4796-b706-ff4648d2485f">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today: Meeting up with some girlfriends for dinner after work. Saturday: Going to watch the UofM/MSU game with some friends and then maybe relax and clean house. <strong>Sunday: Cider Mill</strong> The joys of having an FI that works in the restaurant business means I won't be seeing him at all this weekend. We went out to dinner and a movie last night to kind of celebrate Sweetest Day.
    Posted by LOTON01[/QUOTE]

SO jealous.  Cider mills are one of my absolute favorite things.  I haven't been to one yet this fall but I have been craving cider and cider mill donuts.  I also need apples to make homemade applesauce.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last minute errands and packing! Tomorrow night will be me and FI's last date night before we're married :)
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally jealous of the cider mill too!  we don't have good ones here in Washington and it really makes me miss cider mills in Michigan.

I am having a small surgery later today so just laying low the rest of the weekend and Monday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-80?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:bb4a54e0-15aa-41da-b4cf-e7b76f7ac40ePost:447a889b-9120-4caa-9074-2ba1bc5f0258">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF! : Why were they failures? what look are you going for?
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]
    Well, the sides and back looked great both times but for some reason the front looks horrific.  It makes my face look really weird.  The girl doing it does a great job...both times it looked like the pictures I was showing her but it just doesn't look right with my face.  I can't wear it down because I have way to much hair that will turn to a frizzy hot mess.  I may end up with something half up and half down but now I won't know until the day of which makes me a little nervous.  I am sure it will be fine. I think it might actually be better that my girls will be there becasue they will be vocal and tell me what they do or don't like and what they think I should do.  Sometimes I just need that.  By the way....good luck on your first half.  I love the Detroit Marathon. I have done that one twice and I will say the first half is the best.  You get all the great spots in the begining and there are tons of people cheering you on.  You will get a green bib and people will know you are a newbie and they will cheer for you by name!!  Its really awesome!!.  Good luck and have fun!!

ETA:  yes...there are a lot of excalmation points.  I love racing.  Its gets me excited when I talk to people about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're so cute! Thank you so much -- Last year I supported some friends in the Rock N Roll Marathon in San Antonio and I love cheering others on... I know I'll appreciate the support from strangers [: 

Good luck with your hair situation... I totally know what you mean about it not looking good from the front/your face, but it'll be amazing next weekend!! [: 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards