Michigan-Detroit
Options

Veil woes

Hi girls!  Here is my problem, any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.  My mother ordered my veil for me from a groupon/living social type of deal about 6 weeks ago.  It wasn't very expensive (about $25), and after waiting and waiting, it finally came in this week.  Here is the problem, my Mother swore she ordered an ivory veil, (my dress is ivory, almost cream) and the veil looks starkly white next to the dress.  In other words, they DO NOT MATCH at ALL!  Now, I really do not care about wearing a veil, I was really only doing it for Mom.  It looks pretty on and I do like it, but I do not know if I should chalk it up as a loss, try dying it, (my Mom mentioned dipping it in tea?) or taking it somewhere.  We can not return it, and buying another one is really not in the already over-budget. 
On the plus side...my save-the-dates are done and in the mail!

Re: Veil woes

• Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Could you call the company and ask if they sent the correct one? Or if they have any suggestions on how to change the color?
  • Options
    I agree with PP, try contacting the company and find out if they sent the right one.  Will your mom be crushed if you decide not to wear it?  Could you wear it for the ceremony then take it off?  Some brides wear a white veil with an ivory dress, my sister wanted me to so I could have my something borrowed as her veil but the veil wasn't what I was looking for.  Good luck.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If the company can't fix the problem, and you still really want to wear it, you can try dying it. I suggest using tea bags (you should only need a couple, depending on where you do it and how much water you use). If you're worried, test it out on some scrap tulle if you have any.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards