Michigan-Detroit

Oh hello frustration... we meet again.

Super super super bummed. I'm wanting to cry but I won't...
We have to find a new photographer. So I looked at the vendor board and am contacting.. 

CLW Photography
Amanda Williams
Pure Amour
Kreativ Imaging 
Marci Curtis 
and KBL Photography

Even though I doubt anyone is still available for 11-11-11. I'm soooo aggravated right now but that's what I get for trying to go with someone I know. if there are any other suggestions under $1800, let me know... 

I could use a hug right now. ]: 

Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    :::hug::: Why do you need a new photog? Don't despair - November isn't as busy as, say, September. You may have luck (and get an off-season discount, too)
  • edited December 2011
    Adam Sparkes, but hes just under $2,000.... but that includes engagement, all day coverage, all digital rights and a second photographer. I hope you find someone! Like PP said, November isn't as busy as you think! Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    {HUG}

I just sent Kris from Kreativ Imaging a text for you-he is available as of now for your date.

He is wonderful, he did my b-pics and e-pics and of course will be doing my wedding.
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan to hire pure amour. hopefully she can help you out. i believe she has a calander on her site to check ... i went and checked it out, she isn't booked on that day.
    http://www.pureamourphotography.com/index2.php#/calendar/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I ended up contacting around 15 photographers and have received 3 phone calls and 4 emails already! THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!! Yeah, I guess I just thought every vendor that ever existed was already booked for 11-11-11, but I guess not. WOOHOO! Thanks so much for your help ladies [:

*deep breath* everything is going to be okay... I don't need to stress!
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you already heard back from some photogs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_oh-hello-frustration-meet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be19c380-a1d1-4558-aa01-0dee14c8cd5cPost:b1b33db2-e415-4732-a79f-361e9c8ba116">Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ended up contacting around 15 photographers and have received 3 phone calls and 4 emails already! THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!! Yeah, I guess I just thought every vendor that ever existed was already booked for 11-11-11, but I guess not. WOOHOO! Thanks so much for your help ladies [: *deep breath* everything is going to be okay... I don't need to stress!
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

You can also check out The Camera Chick.  She does good work and is only $1000.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and Rachael -- we WERE going to go with Blend Photography in Ferndale, but they were not being cooperative or willing to compromise regarding our engagement photos. For a 2 hour session we only received 22 photos (we have to choose 4 for our STDs) and really wanted to see more but... 

"Professional photography isn't like your friend shooting a digital camera - it's extremely fickle - but the payoff can be big in the right conditions. For every photo we hand over there is 30 minutes to an hour of editing that went into it. We can't just give you crap because that would make ourselves look like crap, "

so apparently our raw photos were 'crap' - which is a nice self esteem booster. I mean, I understand it in a business prospective (and the weather was HORRIBLE that day) but at the same time we had 3 outfits: 

1) nice dressy clothes (I wore a dress... which doesn't happen much)
    2) jeans and a nice top 
    3) we met at a summer camp so we took some photos at the playground wearing our staff t-shirts

and we did not receive even ONE photo in our matching camp t-shirts, which was a disappoint since all of our mutual friends are camp friends and it meant a lot to us to take cheesy photos and are not allowed to see any of them. ]:
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Cori! Her work is wonderful!!!!  www.thecamerachick.com
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_oh-hello-frustration-meet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be19c380-a1d1-4558-aa01-0dee14c8cd5cPost:d5055a4e-6ae5-423c-943a-4b36b8621919">Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and Rachael -- we WERE going to go with Blend Photography in Ferndale, but they were not being cooperative or willing to compromise regarding our engagement photos. For a 2 hour session we only received 22 photos (we have to choose 4 for our STDs) and really wanted to see more but...  " Professional photography isn't like your friend shooting a digital camera - it's extremely fickle - but the payoff can be big in the right conditions. For every photo we hand over there is 30 minutes to an hour of editing that went into it. We can't just give you crap because that would make ourselves look like crap, " so apparently our raw photos were 'crap' - which is a nice self esteem booster. I mean, I understand it in a business prospective (and the weather was HORRIBLE that day) but at the same time we had 3 outfits:  1) nice dressy clothes (I wore a dress... which doesn't happen much) 2) jeans and a nice top  3) we met at a summer camp so we took some photos at the playground wearing our staff t-shirts and we did not receive even ONE photo in our matching camp t-shirts, which was a disappoint since all of our mutual friends are camp friends and it meant a lot to us to take cheesy photos and are not allowed to see any of them. ]:

You only received 22 photos for a 2 hour session?  So what, you're only going to receive 100 for 10 hours?  That's ridiculous.  I think this is a blessing in disguise for you.  Good luck on your search :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_oh-hello-frustration-meet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be19c380-a1d1-4558-aa01-0dee14c8cd5cPost:7bc9f89b-49af-40a6-8ff5-ba6d1543b661">Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again. : You only received 22 photos for a 2 hour session?<strong>  So what, you're only going to receive 100 for 10 hours?  </strong>That's ridiculous.  I think this is a blessing in disguise for you.  Good luck on your search :)
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Liz - the bolded part I read with an exclamation point and thought you were saying "so what... it's not a big deal" and then I realized you weren't, so I was relieved. And yes, I do believe it's a blessing in disguise because Dan and I are now having fun picking out a photographer... [:

We contacted 15ish photographers and have already heard back from 14! 13 are available and 1 (Lovella) is already booked for that date.. but I'm ready to have fun with this and hopefully not land myself in another stressful situation.

And thanks everyone for all their suggestions - I think every photographer listed was e-mailed, haha.

Right now, I REALLY like Amy from Pure Amour.. she was really nice in her email and mentioned that she strives for customer satisfaction, which is obviously important to us (especially at this point)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_oh-hello-frustration-meet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:be19c380-a1d1-4558-aa01-0dee14c8cd5cPost:af9ce97b-3408-45ba-b840-f5b5834b3a95">Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Right now, I REALLY like Amy from Pure Amour.. she was really nice in her email and mentioned that she strives for customer satisfaction, which is obviously important to us (especially at this point)

If you really like Amy now, you'll love her once you talk to her.  I picked her because I not only loved her pictures, but I could tell even over the phone that she would be an awesome person to work with.  I had a much better rapport with her than with others that I considered.
  • edited December 2011
    Milsey - that is ridiculous!! I mean, isn't it their job to take photos and make corrections as necessary?? FI and I are in no way model-esque and our session was 1 hour and we got 300+ edited/retouched photos. Good thing you found out now rather than use them for your wedding. Blessing in disguise!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_oh-hello-frustration-meet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:be19c380-a1d1-4558-aa01-0dee14c8cd5cPost:06699dd2-fb6f-4824-a2e5-794825671785">Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Milsey - that is ridiculous!! I mean, isn't it their job to take photos and make corrections as necessary?? <strong>FI and I are in no way model-esque and our session was 1 hour and we got 300+ edited/retouched photos</strong>. Good thing you found out now rather than use them for your wedding. Blessing in disguise!!
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>honestly this made me want to cry... ughghhhhaslfjlaselkawelkam lol but yay for YOU receiving that many, I can only hope we can take care of this mess.</div><div>
    </div><div>@Meg -- thanks for continuing to spread the word of how great Amy is! [: </div>
  • jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Camera Chick (sandy) is doing our photos. Unlimited photo's, 2 photographers, all day all rights to pictures, and an engagement session for $1000, not to mention she is awesome.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Amy here, love her work!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_oh-hello-frustration-meet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be19c380-a1d1-4558-aa01-0dee14c8cd5cPost:4e4ee295-3298-491b-b83c-2aca5b319ace">Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again. : honestly this made me want to cry... ughghhhhaslfjlaselkawelkam lol but yay for YOU receiving that many, I can only hope we can take care of this mess.  

I'm sorry. It wasnt my intent at all to make you feel that way - seriously I was just trying to say that this had nothing to do with you and not to feel like you took bad pictures, because I'm sure you didn't. The photog was unprofessional and just plain sucked. A good photog can work around dim lighting, weather, etc and the photogs that have been recommended are very good. Ok I'll stop typing now.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_oh-hello-frustration-meet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:be19c380-a1d1-4558-aa01-0dee14c8cd5cPost:59f6aa22-6684-419a-b4eb-801d7054420a">Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh hello frustration... we meet again. : I'm sorry. It wasnt my intent at all to make you feel that way - seriously I was just trying to say that this had nothing to do with you and not to feel like you took bad pictures, because I'm sure you didn't. The photog was unprofessional and just plain sucked. A good photog can work around dim lighting, weather, etc and the photogs that have been recommended are very good. Ok I'll stop typing now.
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>hahaha! I know you didn't have bad intentions it's just like "ugh.. someone else got 300+ photos, why couldn't I?!?!" kinda moment</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards