Michigan-Detroit

Ugh, Delta Vent!!

Ok so normally I'm not a venting on the boards type person but I want to scream right now.  Delta's website has been down since last night when I needed to check in for my flight.

I was able to check in using my iPhone app but have no way to pay for my baggage fee and I don't particularly want to wait in line with every other Delta passenger who needs to check in for their flight at the airport.  So I call customser service to pay for the baggage fee over the phone.  Seems reasonable right?

I spend 16 minutes on hold until I finally get to speak to the Delta "customer service" representative.

Me:  Yes I would like to pay my baggage fee over the phone since I am unable to do so online since your website is down.
CSR:  Our website is back up so you can do it online.
Me:  I've been trying your website while on hold, and it's still down.
CSR:  Well I was told it was back up.
Me:  But it isn't.  So is there a way to pay with you, I've done it before.
CSR:  We are unable to do that for you so you'll either have to do it online or at the airport.
Me:  Well I told you, the website is still down.
CSR:  Well I was told it was back up so it looks like you'll have to pay for it at the airport since I can't do that for you.

REALLY?!  That is your customer service?  To argue with me that your website is down and then not do anything about it?!  Look, I get that you guys have been inundated with calls, but it's not the customer's fault that your website is down.  So now I have to deal with everyone else who couldn't check in/pay online at the airport.  Fan-tastic.  Ugh, I can't wait to get home!

Re: Ugh, Delta Vent!!

• Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yuck!  Flying sucks sometimes.  But I hope you enjoyed the holidays with the fam.  :-)
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Julie!  Hope you had a Merry 1st Christmas with your husband!
  • edited December 2011
    I hope you get home ok!  I'll be dealing with Delta tomorrow - so we'll see how that goes.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that is so frustrating!  I'm so sorry.  Hope it isn't too horrible once you get there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm home :)  The lines were, as predicted, incredibly long at the airport.  But thankfully my mom dropped me off 2.5 hours early!  But I'm home which is all that matters.  Thanks for your support ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    This is a reeeeeally pathetic rant but 2 weeks ago I flew home and everything was fine (thankfully) but yesterday on my way back to Texas my flight was delayed... YUCK andddd (this is me having a very pathetic rant) they didn't give me an option of peanuts, pretzels, or cookies.. they just gave peanuts AND they didn't give you a whole can of soda. jerks. haha I told you it'd be a pretty pathetic rant. I just wanted to bash delta with you. I hope you travel safely! (Let's see if I have a good 35 hour train ride next week...)
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand your pain and I'm sorry you had to go through that.  As many people fly this time of year you think they would pay extra attention that everything was working properly.  However, all airlines care about is money and not customer enjoyment.  I discovered this in person in October dealing with American Airways (I'm never flying with them again). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards