Michigan-Detroit

trolley? and limo costs?

ok i was considering using a trolley for our transportation but i talked to a company that owned one and they are getting rid of theirs and he advised against it. has anyone been on one for a wedding? how was your experience?

Also i guess i didnt realize the prices to rent a limo or bus was so expensive does anyone have someone to recommend?

Re: trolley? and limo costs?

• edited December 2011
    I am paying about $1300 for 7 hours of trolley, including tax and tip.  I don't need that much time, but didn't know it.  I looked at a few party bus companies, and while their initial quotes were cheaper, they didn't include tax or tip, so the final number came out about the same.

You may also want to check the stickies at the top of the board; there are a lot of vendor reviews and prices in there.

Finally, I would be curious to hear if the company gave you any specific reasons to avoid a trolley.  I've never used one before, but they're very popular in Chicago for bar-hopping parties, and I hear they're fun.
  • edited December 2011
    We want a trolley too but haven't booked yet, I'm curious as well why they would advise against it,
  • edited December 2011
    he advised against it because they smell like the exhaust, the air or heat dont work well and the seats are not comfortable. He said he has driven it many times and the bridal party were complaining about those things. But I just wanted other peoples opinions.
  • edited December 2011
    I rented a party bus that included tax and tip from 24/7 lmo in Clarkston.  It was around $750 for 6 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards