Michigan-Detroit

Inexpensive DJ Needed

Hi Ladies.  I am an old-school knottie (2005 wedding date Surprised). 

I am planning my parents 40 year wedding anniversary and was wondering if you guys had any recs for an inexpensive DJ (less than $1,000, preferrably $600-$800 if possible). My parents are not big dancers and neither will most of the attendees be big dancers.  Therefore, I do not want to spend a ton of money for someone to essentiallty play background music, but I would still like a DJ, if possible.

If there  is a website with vendor recs available, that would be great too.  I know we had one "back in the day" when I was planning my wedding.

TIA!

Re: Inexpensive DJ Needed

• Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The "stickies" at the top of the board have vendor info. and may have pricing for DJs.

I got a quote from Celebration DJs for about $700 for my wedding. I've also heard Bee Entertainment is reasonable.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Matt from W.E.D. was our wedding DJ, as well as Liz (the board moderator)'s. He was friendly, great to work with, and he played whatever we wanted all night long. I remember Liz mentioned that it took some time for him to realize all they wanted to do at her wedding was dance -- but I don't see this as a problem for your parents' anniversary. 

He's out in the Lansing area, so it was a hike to go out to meet with him for the first time, but it was worth it and I think we only paid an additonal $40 for him to travel to our wedding. In total his cost was under $700 for travel and unlimited hours.

You can e-mail Lynn, Matt's wife/secretary at wedmi.idea@charter.net 
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Music Butler.  He's out of Sterling Heights and is great.  We're paying $700 for him to do our ceremony music and the reception.  Our price includes lights and stuff for the dance floor.  If you call him he can customize a package for you based on your needs.  His site is themusicbutler.com
  • jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Scott from Memory Makers DJ did our wedding. He was fantastic. Kept the party going all night. $799
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • edited December 2011
    Shawn from Audio Logic DJ.  He is out of E. Lansing area but he did not charge us to travel and they were amazing.  We paid $675. 
  • baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ is $550 (may have gone up since) but he has done several friends weddings and we love him! You can PM me for contact info if you'd like :) 

Good Luck! And congrats to your parents! 40 years is amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

My DJ was about $600, he gave us a "veteran discount" as my hubby is a vet. He has a great collection of songs, many of the older ones from the 1940-1980's. The DJ also supplies bartenders, LOL.

Check my bio below, vendor tab. If you are looking into this at work, have your volume down.........he has music on his website.

• edited December 2011
    We're using Shea Sounds based out of Royal Oak. We're working with Chris, who is a good friend of one of my bridesmaids. Their silver package, which is 6+ hours I think) is 950ish maybe. I'm unsure because we're getting one hell of a deal for 550.
  • edited December 2011
    Davis entertainment. We paid $650 for our wedding.  Depending on how long you need him or what you need him to do, he may be less expensive.  They were amazing to work with.

http://davisentertainment.weebly.com/package-deals.html
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic 195image 155image 40image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards