Michigan-Detroit

Callie's Homestyle Cakes dumps my cake off

Crawling out from under my rock in east Texas for a moment...

FI just informed me that we received a letter from Callie's indicating that our order has been transferred to another baker and that due to that transfer there is going to be an additional delivery fee. Furthermore that I needed to contact this new baker to confirm the details of my cake, my location, etc. What the hell? I don't even know who this new person is, and I have no idea what their work looks/tastes like. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know whats going on?

I am in East Texas for a trial and have been working too much to knot, but if anyone knows anything please email me! Jacks21583@gmail.com

Thank you!

Re: Callie's Homestyle Cakes dumps my cake off

• whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jaclyn! Someone posted a few days ago about this... that it was transferred to Mary Denning (I think)? I guess Higgy used her and had some good things to say. I'll see if I can find the other post thread. HTH!
    (BTW, we miss you! Come back soon!!)
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    YGPM! I think the post is back on maybe page 7. I just tried to look for it.
  • Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! The pics of Higgys cake look nice! I guess I'll just meet with her when I get back to Michigan and see how things look/taste.

Miss you all too!!
  • HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although it does suck about Callie's, I think you would be fine with Mary Dennings.  Don't be too stressed out there in Texas!  Everything will work out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • becandjim10becandjim10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im a little nervous...why would callie switch ur cake to someone else? I have her booked and Im nervous now. Why would a vendor do that?
  • edited December 2011
    ^ Probably because she's too busy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember the other person's post (sorry, don't remember who it was) mentioned that the letter she received said something like "due to a change in workload...". That leads me to believe that she either took on more orders than she could handle or something has happened that is now making her unable to complete all of the orders that she has taken. If she's your baker I would suggest getting in touch with her and checking on yours, so that you don't end up with a surprise down the road.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • becandjim10becandjim10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, Ive left her messages and havent been contacted back. I didnt know if maybe shes just stopping the buisness or something. I just dont like the idea...I dont blame the OP or last weeks OP from being upset because you book a tasteing and book with a vendor for a reason they shouldnt be allowed to just change it after. They should have to return your deposit and you decide where to go from there. I dunno...I hope all the ladies are happy in the end Kiss
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!!! I was the one who had the first post for this topic. I want to let you all know that I personally spoke with Callie and she said that it was "personal reasons" that cause her to transfer my account (without consulting me first). She promptly sent me back my deposit and I am over the situation. Now, with that being said I wanted to discuss my tasting with Mary Dennings. I (being from the deep south) I want a red velvet layer and my fiance wanted carrot cake. We went to Mary Dennings and the lady that we met with would not even consider the idea that I hade and the cakes I sampled did not taste that good at all (could have not been there best flavor choices). I have no clue who I am going touse at this point, but thank God I have time.
    cjae2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards