Michigan-Detroit

Vendors who don't call/email back

Not sure if you guys remember my DJ/Salsa band question before and how to have both, but it looks like I won't have to worry about it now.  I messaged my cousin on FB (3/6), and she gave me her number (3/9).  She told me she talked to her husband, and he would be more than happy to play at our wedding.  She gave me her number and told me to call her.  I called later that day (3/9) and no one answered.  I left a voicemail and left a message on FB (I called, no answer, call me back, here's my number).  On 3/14, she posted something on FB, and I commented, "Call me back, cuz!"  She responded that her phone got wet and to send her the number again.  So I messaged her with my phone number again.  It's now 3/31, and I haven't heard anything.  Needless to say, I won't be having a salsa band.  

Anyone else have issues with vendors not replying back in a timely fashion?  The way I see it is if they can't be professional in order to get you to book with them, how do you know how they will be by the time the wedding rolls around?
BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!

Re: Vendors who don't call/email back

• larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with this.  I've found the wedding industry is very slow to adapt new technology (i.e. email....) it is very frustrating!
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I have emailed a few bridal make up rec's per the board and have not heard anything back as well as some DJs... oh well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I've come across this a lot.

If a vendor isn't professional enough to call back a prospective customer in a timely manner (2 business days or less, IMO), then they will most likely treat you even worse once you have signed the contract.

I take the same approach in wedding planning as I do at work (although, picking out centerpieces is way more fun than bean-counting...).

No one is doing you a favor by being your vendor. So, on to the next. It's not personal...it's business.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let's just say I'm still waiting on a floral quote from a meeting from last July.  Completely unprofessional.
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they can't do something that takes so much little time (sending an email), then I wouldn't work with them.  If they can't give you that why pay them $100s if not $1000s?
  • ksmith719ksmith719 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I had the same problem...a friend of mine is married and her husband is a DJ. I went to their house and he was super excited to talk to me about DJing my wedding, so when I was ready to look at DJs I contacted him through his personal email AND his DJ site...NO RESPONSE! Ummm, I am over him. Be need to learn professionalism!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_vendors-dont-callemail-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:dc855a71-507d-4ef1-b165-ab2286c66994Post:38cb0bfb-7f03-497b-b952-0293e1cf0d3f">Re: Vendors who don't call/email back</a>:
    [QUOTE]Craziness. My other pet peeve is vendors who don't put any pricing on their website. I can understand that there are a lot of customizable options, but at least put basic ranges. I'm not going to call someone when I'm not sure if they're remotely near my price range!
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    I hate that, too, but I can understand that a little more.  However earlier this year/last year there were venues with websites and no prices.  You'd call them, no answer.  You'd email them, no reply.  What's the point?  Why would we want to deal with that?  <div>Don't even get me started on the ones you email once and they answer you back repeatedly...</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    I just vented about this!  Too bad we already BOOKED this vendor.  Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    one thing that really makes me mad is when people especially vendors don't respond back to emails. It's so rude and unprofessional! When I first booked my reception hall the coordinator that I worked with was very nice and responsive and then all of a sudden I called and emailed her and didn't here anything only to find out that she was gone an a new coordinator was in her place. They gave no explanation so when I had questions about details at first the lady was non responsive to email which I live and die by so I told her that I was use to a certain kind of servious with the previous person and I expect the same from her so she finally got it together so hopefully it will last.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dees14dees14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, I was just venting about this to my fiance today! Two nights ago I e-mailed a bunch of photographers and wedding consultants. Probably ten people total. I have only heard back from one!! I think every professional company should at least give you an immediate automated reply stating that they received my request for more information and will be back with me shortly.  Also, I've been waiting 2 weeks to hear back from a photographer about when we can meet in person. Needless to say, when she finally does contact me I won't be replying! How hard it is for these people to send an email? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards